11, questions.

——

——

"DEMETRI?" Ellie stares at him, her eyes wide and mouth agape.

Demetri stares at her, a smile spreading across his face. "Elizabeth." He speaks.

Ellie looks around the apartment, confused. "Um—" She clears her throat. "Why are you here?"

Demetri sighs and looks down at his hands that rest on the top of the table. "You don't remember last night?"

"I do." She remembers it all, up until she was knocked unconscious by a sudden dark mist. "But I kinda thought it was a dream..." And she didn't expect him to still be here. Strangely, she doesn't feel weirded out or awkward by his random presence. It just feels right.

"It certainly wasn't. So you remember everything?" He asks, glancing back up at her. Their eyes meet and she feels her heart stagger.

Ellie nods. "Pretty much, yeah." Theres a beat of silence. "Is the guy who... attacked me still, um, around?"

"No. He was swiftly taken care of." Demetri hopes this doesn't scare Ellie away from him.

So vampires can die, okay... Ellie ponders to herself with a hasty nod.

"Do you want me to leave? I stayed just in case, but I will leave if you please." Demetri doesn't necessarily want to leave, given hes still anxious about another possible attack happening, and being in the same room as Ellie is simply euphoric.

Ellie, too, doesn't want him to leave, basically feeling the same reasonings as him. He makes her feel safe, as silly as it sounds. She shakes her head and her cheeks begin turning a light shade of pink. "Can you stay? I'm a bit shaken up still." She confesses with a coy smile.

"Of course." Demetri promises.

"Thank you." Ellie responds shyly, then starts walking towards the kitchen, feeling his eyes on her. She prepares herself breakfast and then turns for the dining table, she places herself in the chair across from Demetri. "So, can I ask you some questions?" She asks before taking a bite of her hastily prepared food.

Demetri hesitates before nodding—he knows she'll be curious, and he knows she cannot know the truth, not yet anyways (unbeknownst to him, shes already fully aware).

And Ellie knows she has to be careful asking her questions, she can't let it slip up that she knows about vampires.

"How did you know where to find me?" She asks.