13, greys anatomy.

(ellies room)

THE movie was three hours long. And it sucked. I also think it was a sequel to a movie we had no clue about.

And when we left, Annie wanted dinner, and so did I, but the sun was just barely above the horizon at that point, twilight was starting to take over.

It's now 5:30.

"Then we can get fast food." Annie suggested, tapping her painting nails on her leather steering wheel. We're parked right outside of the theater, no one is around because it's too dark now, we shouldn't even be out.

"I thought you were doing a cleanse?" I ask her, tilting my head to the side. Before spring break, she had said she wanted to clean out her body and only put organic things in her body, besides booze, to prepare for summer. She made me swear to hold her accountable and make sure she sticks to it. I forgot about it until now. "For summer." I added because sometimes she forgets things.

She pursed her lips. "Mcdonalds is an exception. Plus, it's a dire situation."

"Fine with me." I shrug. "We just need to hurry, okay? We should've been home by now." Demetri is probably worried.

Is it bad that I liked being worried about? Probably.

"I know, I know." Annie mumbles as she puts the car in drive and pulls out onto the empty street. Even the traffic lights have stopped, only flashing one color. "I swear, I thought the movie was shorter. We could've left."

I stare out my window at the cloudy sky and raindrops on the glass. "It's fine, I kinda wanted to see the end of it." I admit. "Plus, the actor wasn't that bad looking."

Annie laughs. "Yeah. What was his name? Robert-something?"

"Patterson? Pattinson? I dunno." I shrug.

Annie hums. "Whatever, I'll find out."

I chuckle. "I'm sure you will."

Annie turns the radio on and a Taylor Swift song start to play, Out Of The Woods specifically, Annie loves this song so she starts to belt the lyrics, and then so do I eventually.

By the time it ends, we're pulling up to the glorious golden arch. While Annie orders I listen to the music and absentmindedly nod my head while I think about whatever crosses my mind.

It ends up being Demetri, of course it was. I've been thinking about him all day. Shopping with Annie, I'd start to think about him. Throughout the movie, he was the only thing on my mind besides the horrible storyline and hot actor. And now, as I sit in a drive thru, hes on my mind.

I miss him, I think. I've never missed someone romantically before. I've missed Charlie, Bella and Renee, and Annie, but never in a longing for their attention way. It sucks. I don't really like pining for people, I feel desperate and embarrassing, but also amazing with him. And I guess it makes sense, we are soulmates, after all.

Annie asks what I want and I automatically answer and then go back to gazing at the darkening evening sky.

I now wonder where Demetri is, how close he is. Can he see me? If I looked now, could I see him? Is he a bat? I want to laugh at that one — of course he isn't a bat, but I am curious as to how vampires travel, but I can't ask him just yet. I wish I could sometimes, especially when I get so curious.