4 - airport.

—WELL, at least he's not some decrepit looking dude with long fangs and a bald head

WELL, at least he's not some decrepit looking dude with long fangs and a bald head.

Have I been picturing him as Dracula this whole time? Wow.

"Have you heard of me?" Demetri asks, his eyebrows lift incredulously.

"Hm? Oh, no! No, I just knew somebody named Demetri... your name rung a bell." I lift my shoulders into a pathetic shrug. Hopefully my lie will slide, because this dude can't know that I know about him, or the existence of vampires, or else I'll be turned into one of them and... ew, no thanks! "So, what can I help you with, Demetri?"

I stare up at him as I wait for an answer to slip through his lips, and I can't help but admire him. Normally, if I saw someone as pale as he is, I'd worry for their health—but with him, he looks the opposite of sickly. The orange hues from the street lamps bore into the side of his face, only making his strikingly sharp features stick out more and making them even more defined.

Shit, guess I lucked out, huh?

"Your friends will be out shortly, they must retrieve their vehicle first." Well, that's quite underwhelming, given his grand entrance and the fact that he's my soulmate.

My lip threatens to quiver into a sneer at the title 'friends'. "Friends? I wouldn't call them that." I look down at my coffee cup with a slight head shake. "Anyways, thanks for letting me know, Demetri."

From behind him, I can see the glint of headlights approaching very quickly.

"Well," I rise from the chair and toss my purse over my shoulder. "it was nice to meet you, Demetri."

I down the rest of the coffee, ignoring the scalding pain it leaves behind, and I throw it in the trash bin that sits next to me.

"You, as well, miss." He holds his hand out for me. I smile crookedly and accept it.

His hand is cold, but I don't recoil away like I did with Alice, his feels nice in mine. Ew. Since when did I become so cliche?

After we shake hands and he retracts his away, I notice a tiny piece of paper has been left in mine. I raise and eyebrow and look at him quizzically. "Whats this?" I ask, glancing from my palm and up to him.

He just shrugs with a sly smile, and my eyebrow only raises higher.

A dark car slows to a stop, it's not the same bright yellow car we raced towards the city in earlier.