27, switzerland.

ELLIES POV.

BELLA is improving. After only a few days of her drinking the blood, her face is much less sunken in, and all of her ailments have become more tolerable. She's still weak, but not to the degree she was.

Carlisle thinks she may be able to make it through the birth if she can continue to get stronger. He suspects she'll give birth within the next week, maybe even less, so she's been drinking quite a bit of it.

The only downside is that every time I'm around her, the scent of human blood is strong, and very appealing.

The fact that I haven't had a drop of blood in weeks doesn't help, either.

But I still stay by her side, of course. I just hold my breath most of the time, which makes it easier but it's also super annoying to not be able to smell anything.

Bella sits with a cup of my weakness grasped in her hand currently, sipping the crimson liquid through a straw, her other hand rubbing circles on her stomach.

"Hey, Bells, can I have a sip of that?" I ask, smirking when she glances at me. The light in her eyes has returned, too.

"Ha-Ha." She says, keeping her face straight. I wink at her.

"These dogs need to move on, though, seriously." I say, referring to the wolves that currently want to murder my sister and the creature in her belly. And anyone who wants to protect her—them. "I'm parched." I emphasize to get my point across.

"It's just for a little while longer." Bella says. "And then he'll be born, and they'll see that he isn't dangerous." Her fingers aimlessly move about the surface of her bump. Soon, her cup is empty. I take it from her and place it on the coffee table.

"Yeah," I sigh, "hopefully."

"They will." Bella assures, and her tone is surprisingly comforting.

Her phone begins to ring only a moment after she stops speaking. I grab it for her, reading the name on the screen and feeling an ache ripple through my heart at the one I see; Charlie.

"Is that dad?" Bella asks, adjusting her position on the couch.

I nod, handing the phone to her. She answers, greeting him. And then I hear his voice.

"Hey, kid." Charlie has called Bella a few times since they arrived home from the fateful honeymoon, and each time, it doesn't get easier hearing his voice and being unable to talk to him. "How're ya doing?"

"I'm feeling alright, actually." She tells him, which is the truth.

"Well, you sound better."

"I am. Much." Bella nods her head along to her words.

"Bet this put a kink in the honeymoon, huh?" He asks.

"A bit." She responds.

"How's married life treating you? Edward still walking on water, and all that?" I smile at this.

"Yeah, I mean, it's different." Different would be an understatement, in my opinion.

"But the good thing is that you're better, and you're coming home, right?" His tone lifts a little.