19, invitation.

FOUR MONTHS LATER.

——

——

BELLA and Ellie sit in the living room, where Ellie soothingly rubs Bellas arm.

"Hes a... wolf, its natural, I'm sure." Ellie attempts to sound reassuring, but she isn't quite sure that she does, because the words just sound so weird.

She only found out about the wolves two months ago, only because Bella mentioned something about them and Ellie hadn't learned about them yet. And even after that, they really don't talk about the wolves, so it's still weird to say it out loud.

Jacob has been missing for two months, though missing isn't the correct word, because he purposefully disappeared into the woods and has stayed out there since after receiving the invitation for Bella and Edwards wedding.

But Bella is still worried, even after Billy had reassured her multiple times that Jacob is okay and will return when he wishes to. But as the weeks pass, she just grew more antsy, even more now that her wedding is nearing in less than 24 hours now.

The last four months have been crazy, and this has only added to it.

Alice has been wedding planning nonstop, forcing Bella, and sometimes Ellie, to get up at 5 in the morning almost every day.

Annies memorial was held about two weeks after Ellie got back home, and she gave a speech for her best friend, standing in front of pictures and the ashes of Annie in a pretty urn. She had to pause to cry multiple times throughout it, and cried even more when her parents and brother said theirs, too.

But she found that afterwards, she began to feel better, more at peace with Annies passing — still sad, of course, but not so haunted by it, knowing she is somewhere better.

She started school again, though transferred to online classes, and she finished them just in time two months ago, where she started her summer, and right around the time Jacob disappeared—her mood was up for two reasons after that.

During everything, she noticed she started missing Demetri around a month ago. And when she thought of him, it wasn't accompanied by anger and pain, rather an empty longing feeling like before, just more intense and aware now, and instead of flashes of Annies blood in her mind, she has memories of the best times with Demetri — staying up all night talking to him, their lunch, all of the kissing...

Though she has yet to reach out to him, still feeling unsure and wary and also confident that he probably hates her after what she said to him that night in the parking garage. And she doesn't want to feel like shes betraying Annie if she does reach out, though she can't know for certain that Annie would feel that way.