25, a visitor.

pls don't be a ghost reader, i appreciate comments and they help motivate me!

——

TWO WEEKS LATER.

ON the white, plush couch lies a sleeping Bella, her chest shakily raises up and down and her taut skin, which pulls over her hallow cheekbones, looks even chalkier under the hazy light from outside.

The house is completely quiet, besides the typing sounds emitting from the computer Carlisle sits at, researching what he can about what they know is inside of Bella.

Edward stands by Bellas head still as a statue, eyes locked only on the large window in front of him like they usually always are as of late.

But then, suddenly distributing the silence, the roaring sound of a loud engine can be heard approaching, getting closer and closer until all vampires can hear tires hitting gravel in the driveway, accompanied by a speedy heartbeat.

"It's Jacob Black." Edward informs, not even turning his head.

Carlisle stands up from the desk. "What is he here for?" He asks his son, blonde eyebrows furrowed.

"He knows about Bella, apparently." Edward answers, voice monotone and void of any emotion. "He seems quite angry."

And then Jacobs angry footsteps thud up the stairs to the front door and Carlisle makes his way downstairs. With all the commotion, Bella stirs awake, her heavy eyes peer up at Ellie.

"Whats going on?" Her voice is heavy with exhaustion and she attempts to sit up but ultimately fails, her arms being too weak to even support her body anymore.

Ellie is immediately up and by her side, hand on Bellas back to help push her up. "Theres a visitor, I guess." Ellie says bitterly, not really wanting to deal with Jacob Black right now.

Downstairs, Carlisle greets an angry Jacob, who vehemently asks to see Bella, and then pushes his way inside, ignoring the overbearing scents of vampires that attacks his senses, and hurrying up the flight of stairs into the living room.

Bella hears his voice and snaps her head in the direction of it, eyes widened. "Jake? Is that you?"

He emerges over the railing, and Ellie turns her nose up at the wet dog smell that hits swarms around her, which she now knows is due to him being a shapeshifter. Jacob takes in Bellas appearance, studying her thinned face and emaciated stature.

"Your dad said you're sick." Jacob says. "And that you're stuck in Brazil, but you're here." He shifts his glare towards Edwards back. "So, whats really happening?"