《two》

[20 year old Hyunjin with
22 year old Felix]

FELIX:

Cold salty wind of the ocean hitting my face as I sat down on one of the big rocks on the shore was oddly soothing.
Dark blue waves dancing on the air and the shadows birds flying away towards the sky, everything was perfect.

Hyunjin and me had graduated last month. Him with major arts and me with dance and here we are today, at jeju island to look at the first sunrise of this year.

I took a deep breath turning behind to see my Hyunie standing there with his hands on the pockets of his long coat, watching the same scenery as me while having a slight smile on his lips. His smooth and fluffy shoulder length hair floating along with the wind, while looking at him I felt like I was in a drama in which he was the main protagonist.

Finally,
The day has come...

Hyunjin looked down at me and gave me his biggest smile. His eyes looking like crescent moons and the mole on the left side going a bit up with the skin. His hands occasionally moving towards his face, swiping away his long bangs to tuck behind his ear.

Haaaa...
How can someone look so unreal?

[A FEW DAYS AGO]

"Hyunjin"
I called him nervously.

"hmm"

"I was actually thinking that at the end of this year, maybe do you wanna travel together?"
I felt hesitant while asking this to him.
"....travel?"
He closed the book he was reading and fixed his posture slightly so he could face me properly.
"yeah, I mean...we are finally becoming adults next year and I...I want to see the first sunrise of the year with you...what do you think"
I finished my sentence and looked at him. My heart was beating faster than ever like it would jump out my chest at any moment and my cheeks were getting hotter each second.

"hmm...okay then let's go"
Hyunjin flashed a genuine and warm smile at me.
"really?! will you really go with me? is that your confirmed answer after some thinking?"
I asked and he hummed with a nod.
"w-well then you can't change y-your mind afterwards"
I yelled but not too loudly, it was just out of doubt.
"yeah"
Hyunjin leaned closer and laid his head on my lap. I brushed some strands of hair from his face and gently massaged his head while blushing like a tomato.

Thankyou Hyunie....

.........

"Hyunjin look"
"THERE THERE!!"
I jumped excitedly pointing at the horizon. The sun was slowly rising up, painting the sky with beautiful shades of orange and red.

It looks like Hyunjin painted it.

The reflection of sun on the water made everything look ethereal, but it would be nothing compared to the boy standing by my side.

I squeezed on his biceps and he chuckled at me.
"The sun is...rising hyunie"
I whispered but Hyunjin seemed to have heard it.
"yeah...you're right"
He replied.
The crowd surrounding us were chattering and cheering loudly. Several clicks of cameras could be heard behind. I could also feel some people staring at us from the side, or maybe they were just admiring Hyunjin.

I was peacefully watching the sunrise with him when I heard someone talking right behind me. Their voices were familiar and it didn't take me long to realize they were the seniors who had given me my infamous nickname.
"hey what the hell's with that potato?"
They whispered with each other which made me feel slightly uneasy. I looked down and pulled my scarf a little up to cover my face. Hyunjin noticed me doing it and he shot a death glare to them.

A few seconds later as I was too indulged in watching the scenery, Hyunjin poked my cheeks twice.
"your wish?"
He said and took my hand to interlock with his own.
"have you made a wish?"

"...a wish?"
I asked him, firmly tightening my hold over his much bigger hands.
"yes, people usually make a wish during the first sunrise"
"look"
Hyunjin raised his eyebrows towards the person on our right who was murmuring something with both of her hands together and closed eyes.

"oh"
I hastily raised my hands and joined my palms, squeezing them tightly as I too closed my eyes.
I could feel Hyunjin's warm gaze towards me.
"what are you wishing for?....for you to look so desperate"
Hyunjin said when he saw my hands trembling a bit.
"I'm asking for courage"
I opened my eyes and lowered my hands to keep them on the pockets of my thick hoodie.

"courage?"
"for what?"

"the courage to...confess...to you"
I glanced at him for a split second and I swear I saw his soul leaving his body.
Hyunjin was too startled by my response.
"h-huh?"
"lix hyung, you-"

I cut him off before he could continue.
"uh huh of course...I know very well that you are not gonna accept me! I-I told you, ever since we were kids right?
t-that I want to make you...my wife"
I paused for a moment before speaking again.
"s-so I really want to to that but since I'm a beta..."
"I should just give up"

"..."
"you will give up on me because,
you're a beta?"
Hyunjin sounded disappointed and maybe...hurt?

"yes anyway only an omega can be with an alpha. There's no hope for me. If I stay with you, I'll only become an obstacle. T-that's why my confession today is the first....and last one. So I can forget about my feelings and get over you"
My words came out incoherent and almost inaudible because of the buzzing of the crowd. I dropped my head low, not wanting to face Hyunjin after ruining our years of friendship.

"If I was an omega"
"If only I could become one"
I covered my face with my hands and sniffled. A couple of teardrops falling down on my shoes as I spoke.

"I don't- I don't know but..."
I sobbed harder not caring about anything now.
"What if you can"
I lifted my head and peeked at Hyunjin. Did I hear those sentences right? Was he serious about this?

He came closer and held my hand.
[A/N: Hyunjin is slowly releasing his pheromones]
"if you really can...become an omega what would you do?"

"n-no I'll-"

"you"
His grip on my hands became tighter.

"I will"
I submitted to him.

An alpha can defeat their opponents with pheromones alone.

"but I'm big and ugly that's why even if...if I became an omega, it's no use"
My whole body trembled as I uttered out those words.
"yet you still-"
I was cut off from speaking suddenly when Hyunjin yanked my hand away and forcefully grabbed the collar of my hoodie to pull me closer to his face.

He kissed me.
Hwang Hyunjin kissed me.
It took me quite a sometime to access this into my brain but then my lips automatically started moving in their own. I tiptoed to wrap my arms around his neck deepening the kiss.
We pulled out together after a minute or two.

"you want to be an omega for me?"
Hyunjin said between heavy breaths as he touched our foreheads together.

For Hyunjin,
become an omega...

I nodded. Hyunjin then pulled me into a hug.
"my omega"
He whispered making me flush deeply.

When was the last time that I've heard his happy voice? I couldn't remember.
It felt a bit strange,
but in a good way.

And I still wonder how was he gonna make me an omega...

《♥︎》
TBC
Don't forget to vote<3