Woe is the Loneliest Number Part 1

This story is about to take a dark turn.

Usually,I love dark turns.

Like when the carousel brakes mysteriously failed at my eighth birthday party.

But not this one.

"How could you miss a dead body?"y/n practically yelled.

"Cause it wasn't there.No footprints,no blood,no sigh of struggle.Nada.My search party looked all night."the sheriff explained.

"Well your search party must have left their seeing-eye dogs at home."I seeth.

"We saw that monster kill Rowan right in front of our eyes!"y/n scoffed.

"Get a good look at this monster thing?"the sheriff asked us.

"It didn't stick around for a chat."I reply.

"Maybe it was one of your classmates."the sheriff suggested.

"Sheriff,I find that question offensive."I glare.

"I don't care,cause I got three other dead bodies in the morgue.Hikers just ripped apart in the woods."the Sheriff thought.

"The mayor said those were bear attacks."y/n pointed out.

"Well,the mayor and I disagree on that."the Sheriff shot back.

"So you automatically assume a Nevermore student is the murderer,even though there's no evidence a crime was even committed."I state.

"I'm sorry.I forgot you only teach the good outcasts here,right?"The sheriff scoffed.

Principal.Weems sighs.

"My guess is Rowan ran away."Weems sighed.

"State troopers have put out an alert,and I've contacted his family,but they haven't heard from him either."the sheriff told Weems.

"Dead people are notoriously bad at returning calls."y/n states.

"What were you doing out in the woods with him Wednesday Addams and Y/n Dahlia?"the sheriff asked the both of us.

"I heard a noise in the forest and went to go investigate.Y/n followed me.That's when I stumbled upon the attack."I lie.

"Then what happened?"the sheriff encouraged.

"Then we ran into Bianca Barclay,and I told her to go for help.Next thing I remember,me and y/n awoke in our dorm."I continue.

"And just to be clear,this monster wasn't a bear or some other wild animal?"The sheriff sighed.

"I've hibernated with grizzlies.I know the difference."I scowl.

"The you sheriff.I think Miss Addams and Miss Dahlia are done."Weems figdeted with some papers.

"Actually.We would like to speak with Sheriff Galphin.Alone."I stare sternly.

"I'm not sure I can allow that."Weems looked at the sheriff.

"I'm sure I could take them to the station and get a formal statement."Sheriff Galphin suggested.

"Yes,let's go."y/n and I stood up.

"Fine.You have five minutes,and everything is off the record.Play nice...or I will call the mayor."Weems threatened before leaving the room.

"Someone is trying to cover up Rowan's murder.That's the only reason to scrub the crime scene."I quikly stated.

"Is that your professional opinion as the daughter of a murderer?"The Sheriff glared.

"My father's twice the man you are,and the only thing he murders is the occasional opera in the shower."I scoff.