Friend or Woe Part 3

I didn't listen to any of Weems's stupid speech.

I was busy glancing at Wednesday.

I keep doing it and I don't know why.

Is it strange that I don't want to take my eyes off her?

Maybe.

Do I care?

Only slightly.

Weems finished her speech,and the statue was revealed.

Everyone starts clapping,and the band,me and Wednesday started playing a more...preppy arrangement od don't stop by.......Fleetwood something?

People now are cheering and having fun.

And then,the fountain and statue goes ablaze.

People run and scream in fear.

The other band members run off,but me and Wednesday continue to play.

I stand up and practically dance around while playing each and every note perfectly in tune and along with Wednesday.

We were practically serrenaiding in fire!

Our notes start to change,and we started playing an intense version of Winter by Vivaldi.

I start laughing when I see the principals enraged face.

We finish our piece and Weems motions for us to come to her office immediately after we put our instruments away.

I flash her a poisonous grin before I walked with Wednesday to our room.

"This was a disaster.The mayor is furious!I've lost count of the angry phone calls,emails,and people in the town,alumni and parents.They want answers and so do I."Weems angrily paced,yelling at us.

"I would lead the inquisition,but I left my thumbscrews and rack at home."Wednesday stated blankly.

"Miss Addams...you're already on thin ice.Wafer thing ice.And I love that you and y/n are becoming close friends with each other,but you need to stop doing illegal things!"Weems shouts.

I wince at that.

Shouting is very painful to my sensitive ears.

"I swear on my late scorpion's soul,mine and y/n's hands are clean."Wednesday stares with a serious look.

I know she had fun playing music with me though.

I know she did.

"I may not have hard evidence,but I see you two.You're trouble magnets."Weems glares.

"If trouble means standing up to lies,decades of discrimination,centuries of treating outcasts like second-class citizens,or worse..."i scowl.

"What are you talking about?"Weems stops pacing.

"Jericho.Why does this town even have an Outreach Day?Don't you know it's real history with outcasts?The actual story of Joseph Crackstone?"Wednesday asks with conviction laced in her voice.

"I do.To an extent."Weems admits.

"Then why be complicit in it's cover-up?Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it."Wednesday frowned.

"That's where you and I differ.Where you see doom,I see opportunity.Maybe this is a chance to rewrite the wrongs,to start a new chapter in the normie-outcast relations."Weems smiles.

"Nothing has changed since Crackstone.They still hate us.Only now they sugarcoat it with platitudes and smiles.If you're unwilling to fight for the truth..."I waver off,feeling upset.