~Prologue~

11 year old Y/N was sitting alone in her compartment, reading a book, when suddenly the door opened.

"Excuse me, can I sit here?" the voice seemed like it belonged to a young boy. The girl nodded, not taking her eyes off the book.

"Thank you!" said the boy, sitting on the seat opposite of her. "Are you also a first year?" asked the boy, after getting comfortable. She again nodded, barely paying attention to him. "Well then... I can't wait for the first day of classes! I am super excited." he beamed. After realising she wasn't paying him any attention, he gave up trying to make conversation.

About half an hour of akward silence followed, before the boy tried again.
"In what house are you hoping to get sorted in? I would like to join Hufflepuff. I heard GREAT things about the wizards and witches that were part of Hufflepuff!"

Finally making eye contact with him, she answered "Well, Mr Hufflepuff, Slytherin. I am not hoping to get into it, I know I will be sorted into it."

"Wait, wait, wait... what did you just call me?" he seemed rather taken aback.

"Mr Hufflepuff. You haven't introduced yourself and since you want to join Hufflepuff, what better way could I have addressed you?" her [color] eyes went back to the book she was holding.

"Cedrid, Cedric Diggory. You can call me Ced, if you want."

She sighed "Yea, I won't be calling you that. Mr Hufflepuff is better. Y/N Malfoy is the name. Not really pleased to make your acquaintance."

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

All the first years entered the Great Hall, following Proffesor McGonagall. They all stopped in front of the house tables, waiting, some more anxiously than others, for the sorting to begin.

"How will they sort us into our houses?" asked a girl, just behind Y/N.

"By the Sorting Hat, of course!" scoffed the [color] haired girl, as if she couldn't believe her ears. "Have your parents told you nothing about the school?"

"My parents are Muggles so they have no way of telling me such thing."

"Alright then..." she turned to the girl "We will be sat on a chair and one of the proffesors will put a magical hat, known as the Sorting Hat, on our head. It will choose the house we will be a part of for the rest of our time at Hogwarts. Got it?" The girl nodded and the pure-blood turned from her.

"I've heard many things about you, Malfoys. Mostly about your treatments towards those who are of Muggle born or half blood. When you turned to her, I honestly though you were going to hurt her or something of the sorts." Cedric leaned in, whispering in her ear.

"So? You've heard how MY FATHER treats others, not me. Plus, I also hate him. In my opinion, he shouldn't treat people differently depending on their birth." she wispered back at him, taking glances at him as she spoke

"Be quiet, please! Welcome to Hogwarts. This is the sorting hat. Listen carefully : When I call your name, you come and sit here, and I place the sorting hat on your head. After your house has been chosen, join your house at its table." Proffesor McGonagall got everyone's attention. She then lifted a piece of parchment, with the names of the students.

Y/N wasn't particulary interested, only until she heard a certain name being called. "Cedric Diggory." Her head turned to the boy on her right. He smiled, looking at her "That's me. See ya later, Malfoy!" he waved to her, making his way to the chair.

"Hufflepuff!" cried the hat. The boy jumped happily on his feet, making his way towards the Hufflepuff table, filled with cheers from the students.

"Y/N Malfoy" called the proffesor, everyone stopping what they did, interested in the pureblood. The girl, somewhat uncomfortable with the attention she always got when people learnt what family she belonged to, tried to hide that feeling as she sat on the chair.

The hat barely touched her head as it shouted "Slytherin!". She smiled proudly, as she went towards her table. Her eyes met Cedric's and he smiled at her, giving her a thumbs up. She smiled widely at him. "It's going to be fun at this school, I can already tell." she thought.