~ Y3 ~ Chapter 8

As the match drew nearer, the Gryffindor team became more and more nervous. The idea of overtaking Slytherin in the House Championship was wonderful, no one had done it for nearly seven years, but would they be allowed to, with such a biased referee?

Potions lessons were turning into a sort of torture, Snape was horrible to the Gryffindors' specifically the Quidditch team.

"Good luck, guys!" Y/N hugged her two friends.

"Thanks, Y/N! We need it REALLY bad." Oliver appeared from behind the two Weasleys, his arms crossed. "Come on, you two. In the changing rooms."

The twins nodded and said their goodbyes. A few moments after that, Oliver also proceeded to disappear into the changing rooms. Y/N went to take her place in the stands, waiting impatiently for the match to start.

She was looking around the Pitch when she felt motion next to her, on her right. She turned and saw Ron and Hermione. "Oh, hello you two!" she smiled at them.

"Y/N, hello!" Ron beamed up at the Slytherin. "You supporting Gryffindor or Hufflepuff."

"I would like to say none..." she leaned down to his ear "... but I can't help saying Gryffindor.". The first year giggled at her response. He suddenly turned back.

"Oh, sorry, Weasley, didn't see you there." Draco grinned broadly at Crabbe and Goyle. "Wonder how long Potter's going to stay on his broom this time? Anyone want to bet? What bout you, Weasley?"

Ron didn't answer, but Y/N did instead.

"Draco. Have you no shame? Come here and sit quietly. Also, you are too young to gamble." she dragged him on her left. 

Snape had just awarded Hufflepuff a penalty because George had hit the Bludger at him.

"You know how I think they choose people for the Gryffindor team?" said Draco loudly a few minutes later, leaning to Crabbe and Goyle. Y/N sent him a glare.

Snape awarded Hufflepuff another penalty for no reason at all.

"It's people they feel sorry for. See, there's Potter, who's got no parents, then there's the Weasleys, who've got no money, Longbottom, with no brains- 

"Draco- one more word-" Y/N turned towards her brother, narrowing her eyes at him.

"I'm warning you, Malfoy-" Ron got up and looked at him.

"Ron!" said Hermione suddenly "Harry-!"

"What? Where?" he sarted looking around for his friend.

Harry had suddenly gone into a spectacular dive, which dreew gasps and cheers from the crowd. Hermione stood up, her crossed fingers in her mouth, as Harry streaked towards the ground like a bullet. 

"Come on, Harry!" Hermione screamed, leaping on to her seat to watch as Harry psed straight at Snape.

Up in the air, Snape turned on his broomstick just in time to see something scarlet shoot past him, missing him by inches - next second, Harry had pulled out of the dive, his arm raised in triumph, the Snitch in his hand.

The stands errupted; it had to be arecord, no one could ever remember the Snitch being caught so quickly.

"Harry won! We've won! Gryffindor are in the lead!" shrieked Hermione, dancing up and down.

Harry jumped off his broom, a foot from the ground. As Gryffindors came pilling on to the ptch, Snape landed nearby, white-faced and tight-lipped.

Y/N found herself running towards the Gryffindor team, jumping into Fred's open arms, hugging him. "You did it! You guys did it!" she beamed.