~ Y4 ~ Chapter 5

For a few days, the school could talk of little but the attack on Mrs Norris. Filch kept it fresh in everyone's minds by pacing the spot where she had been attacked, as though he thought the attacker would come back.

The Malfoy girl tried to seem as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened; but she couldn't fool her friends. Especially the one and only Cedric Diggory. Every chance he could, he would ask her how she was. The answer was always the same:

"I'm fine.. for the 100th time today." she sighed, laying her head down on the table.

"No, you're not. Little snake, you know you can tell me- us, your friends- anything. ANYTHING!"

"I'm telling the truth, Ced!"

"No, you're not."

"I am. Really!"

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"No- Wait! I am tel-" she tried to cover her mistake up, but nothing went unnoticed by the Hufflepuff.

"See?!" he exclaimed. "You're not okay. Look, if it bothers you so much, I don't think it's a good idea to keep it in."

She just sighed in response, giving in. Cedric taking the hint, he inched closer to her. So close, she could feel his breath on her. That took her off guard for a quick second, but quickly calmed herself.

"So it's about the attack. Ya know- with Mrs Norris."

She took a quick glance at his serious face. His brows were furrowed, sign of concentration.

"Some still seem to think that it was out fault, even though we were at the Deathday Party - as I have already told you all. We were there at the wrong time..." she took a breath in to prepair for the serious part of the story. "So how we got there is what's bothering me. Not just me, the trio too. We were just leaving the party when me and Harry heard a voice- a cold voice." she shivered at the thought of it.

Cedric noticed it and placed a hand on her back, rubbing circles around to soothe her.

"Thanks." she shily smiled and resumed. "So... It was saying something about killing. We decided to follow it and it brought us to the scene. Mrs Norris had already been petrified by the time we arrived there. The rest is history."

For a moment, there was only silence. Y/N was waiting for the worst to come out of his mouth, as it's not okay to hear voices even in their complicated and magical world. It wasn't a good sign.

"Well then..." she could hear him mumble under his breath.

She looked at him and he seemed to analyse every little piece of information he had received; both from her and what people have been talking.

"It is strange indeed that only you and Harry could hear the voice... Is it because Ron and Hermione weren't paying attention?"

"No- they CAN'T hear it. As if-" she suddenly drifted off, realising something. A key component of the mistery at hand. She turned in a slow manner towards the boy. "Library. Now."

Rushing towards the library, she left her things behind. Cedric quickly got her backpack and books and ran towards the library. When he arrived, she was looking after some sort of book like a madman.

"Y/N. What are you-"

"Parseltongue. That's why Hermione and Ron can't hear it. That's the only logical explanation that I can come up with at the moment. How Harry can understand Parseltongue beats me, but I know I can."