~ Y4 ~ Chapter 6

Y/N woke up on Saturday morning and lay for a while, waiting for her friend to awaken.

"Morning!" Evie said in a sleepy manner, yawning.

"Morning, love." chuckled the Malfoy and patted her on the back to get up. "Today's the first match of the year, huh? Time flew rather quickly. More quickly than I would've liked...." she mumbled the last sentence.

By eleven o'clock the whole school was down at the Quidditch stadium. On her way, Y/N bumped into Cedric.

"Hey ya, little snake!" he smiled and put his arm around her shoulders, bringing her closer to him. 

"Mr. Hufflepuff, morning!" she chuckled, leaning closer to him; his face especially. Their nose touching. "Look. This year- more Quidditch lessons? Just you and me? What do you say?"

"Woah there! Making a move on me or what?" his eyes widened at the sudden confidence wave that struck the girl.

"Maybe..." she winked and rushed to her Slytherin friends, leaving a shocked Cedric behind.

The two teams walked out onto the pitch, a roar of noise greeted the Gryffindors. Madam Hooch asked Flint and Wood to shake hands, which they did, giving eachother threatening stares and gripping rather harder than was necessary.

"On my whistle" said the teacher "three... two... one..."

With a roar from the crowd to speed them upwards, the players rose towards the leaden sky. Harry flew the highest, looking for the Snitch.

Draco followed suit, showing off his broom's speed in the process.

Harry and Draco seemed to be talking, but suddenly a heavy black Bludger went pelting towards Harry; he barely dogded it.

George came to his rescue and hit it towards one of the Slytherin players. But something weird happened; the Bludger changed direction in mid-air and shot straight for Harry again. The second year dropped quickly to avoid it, and George managed to hit it hard towards the younger Malfoy sibling.

Once again, the Bludger swerved like a boomerang and shot at Harry's head.

"What the- Something's very very wrong..." whispered Y/N. She figured the Bludger was bewitched somehow; by the Slytherins, of course. It was times like this that made the girl be ashamed of her house. "But who could be the culprit... Is it being moved in real time by someone, as a puppet or not?" she asked herself while looking for a suspicious looking person. But to no avail. She sighed, leaning back into her chair, her eyes back on the game; or rather the disaster that was unfolding in front of them all.

Poor Harry put on a burst of speed and zoomed around the whole pitch, trying to get rid of the Bludger.

Wood clearly got the message and Madam Hooch's whistle rang out.

After a few short minutes, the game resumed and rain was falling heavily. The Bludger was, of course, back at chasing Harry and only Harry. But Draco was following him; probably to find the Snitch. It was an okay strategy, Y/N gave him that.

Then, all of a sudden, when Harry wasn't paying attention, WHAM! The Bludger had hit him in his elbow. He slid sideway on his rain-drenched broom, one knee crooked over it. Y/N wanted to look away, but she couldn't. As the Bludger went back for a second attack, Y/N turned away, eyes shut tightly.

She stayed like that for a few seconds. Until she heard cheering. But not from the Slytherin's. That's when she opened her eyes wide to see Harry in the mud, rolled off his broom, his arm hanging at a strange angle and...

"The Snitch..." she said amazed and out of breath. "He got the Snitch!".  She got out of her seat to join the winning team.

When she got to where Harry landed, the whole team was already there. Alongside Hermione, Ron and...