~ Y3 ~ Chapter 3

"So..How was it?" one of her friends waited for her in the common room. "Your little date with the Hufflepuff guy." she smirked and got up, walking up to Y/N.

"Evie, it wasn't a date." she laughed in response. Y/N and she have known eachother since year 2, when Evie transferred to Hogwarts. No one talked to her, except for Y/N. After they found out how many things they had in common, they became great friends. "We just hung out as friends. I am kinda tired, I'll go to bed. Good night-"

"Nope. You aren't going to ignore me. You'll tell me every single little detail about your time spent together." she pulled her friend, both of them sitting down a sofa.

"Alright. I guess you won't let me go if I don't tell ya, right?" Y/N sighed. Her friend nodded in response. "Well he prepaired a little picnic with tea, fruits and biscuits. It was cute." Evie was fangirling next to her, squealing in delight. "When he saw me, he took my bag and I sat down. We talked for a little and then we got into a small tea fight."

"Tea fight?" Evie frowned, confused.

"Long story." Y/N chuckeled. "We then went to the library and did our homework. That's it."

"Are you kidding me? No kiss, no nothing? Are you sure you aren't leaving something out?"

"Nope. We're just friends, Evie. Now, goodnight." Y/N was about to get up, before being pulled back down by her friend.

"Honey, no friend prepares such a thing for another friend. He 100% likes you. Don't you like him back?"

"As a friend, I do like him. Maybe as a brother, but no more than that."

"Then would it be okay if I liked him?" her friend leaned into her. "Or if we would become a couple? Would you be alright with that?"

"Evie, I know you don't like him. You don't even know his name, for Godric's sake." Y/N laughed. "And even if you do like him, I wouldn't mind you two dating. I would actually be your number 1 supporter. Now if you'll excuse me, I am tired and would like to go to bed. Good night, Evie!"

"Night, Y/N."

Y/N was happy that she got out of that uncomfortable conversation. She imagined Evie and Cedric being all lovey dovey with eachother. It hurt her feelings a little. She didn't know why, but it did. She couldn't really sleep well, as her head was filled with images of her two friends being a couple. 

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

Next morning, after breakfast, she was outside with the twins and Cedric, talking and playing wizard's chess. 

"Haha! Beat you again. George, when are you going to admit that I am better than you at wizard's chess." Y/N said, boasting. 

"No no. A fly was distracting me. It got in my eye." frowned the boy

"Uh huh, sure, buddy." chuckeled Cedric, patting his friend on the back. "Want me to play with ya?" George nodded.

"Wait..is that your younger brother? Ron." Y/N was squinting at a boy in the distance coming their way. 

"George, Fred, come with me. Percy has something to tell you. He won't leave me alone if I don't get you guys." sighed the boy, before making eye contact with Y/N. He then noticed her clothing - Slytherin. He took a step back.

"Hello! I am Y/N Malfoy, nice to finally meet ya, Ronald!" smiled the girl sweetly but his face morphed into horror.

"Malfoy? As in Draco Malfoy?"

"Yea." the girl looked uncomfortable. She was tired of people assuming the worst about her just because of her family.

"Ron, she's not like her family. She also hates them, so do not worry-" Fred was interrupted by a screaming Draco.

"Y/N! Y/N!" he appeared in view. "Why are you spending your free time with THESE-" he wasn't able to finish his sentence as his older sister slapped his hand. "Ouch! Why did you do that?"

"To shut you up." she dragged him away from her friends. "And besides, why are you here?"

"A girl asked me if I knew where you are, as she has something to ask you. I think her name was Avi or somthing like that."

"Evie, Draco. Okay, thank you! You know, it's times like this when I actually think that you aren't that bad. You know, like father." she nudged him in the arm.

"Wait what?!" it was too late for her to answer as she was making her way back to her Hufflepuff friend.

"I will see ya later. A friend is looking for me, bye!" she waved to them and left.

"See ya, little snake!" smiled Cedric.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"Okay so how will we do this?" Y/N asked the twins, making sure no one could hear their conversation.

"I thought surprising him in the Hufflepuff common room would be a good idea, but most of the students said that they want to study and do not want to be disturbed." responded Fred. "What is a good place to throw a surpise birthday party?". All three of them went into deep thought.

"What about our common room, Fred." the other twin shook his head in dissaproval saying that it would be kind of suspicious to bring Cedric in their common room. "You're right."

"Hmm... What about near the lake? It is rather far away from the castle and we aren't disturbing anyone." Y/N's face lit up when the idea came to mind.

"Yea, that could be a good place. Let's go with that! So on friday after classes. We will pretend as if we forgot it's his birthday. To get him to come, one of us will tell him to study together near the lake." the three of them high fived eachother and went their seperate ways to tell their other friends about the plan.

(A/N: I know Cedric's birthday is not known, but I will pretend as if it's sometime in the first half of September)

The following days after class they would meet up at the entrance of the Great Hall to plan everything from decorations to food. They found it hard to keep everything a secret since Cedric was clever. They tried to not look suspicious and sometimes failed, the Hufflepuff finding them carrying a few trays of different shaped cookies or trying to find out why they had been hanging out without him.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

It was thursday night. Y/N got back to the Slytherin common room. She plopped onto one of the green sofas tiredly.

"Well, if it isn't the one and only princess that likes to do everything she wants, worrying her brother." someone came into the room, walking up to her.

"Awwww, were you worried about me?" she teased her brother, pinching his cheeks.

"Believe me or not, yes, I have been worried. Why and where do you sneak off after classes?" a worried look crept on Draco's face.

"It's a secret. If I tell you, the whole school will know by tomorrow. Plus, I finished prepairing it. I won't sneak out anymore, Draco."

"Promise?" he asked, sitting down next to her, holding out his pinky finger.

"Promise" she linked their pinkies, her other hand cupping his cheek, smiling. "Come here." She gestured towards her and he hugged her. "You don't have to worry about me, got it? I know what I am doing. I can also deffend myself. You have nothing to worry about. If something is bugging you come to me and I will help you, okay?" she comforted him, talking in a calm voice. "It's past midnight. Go to bed, 'kay? Crabbe and Goyle probably miss you." the girl yawned also getting up.

"Goodnight Y/N!" he waved at her

"Sweet dreams, little bro." She kissed his forehead. She treasures these moments. Their are rare but warm her heart each time.

A/N: To celebrate the new years, I decided to publish this chapter early. To be clear, updates won't be this prequent. <3