~ Y4 ~ Chapter 9

February finally arrived, along with Valentine's Day.

Y/N and Cedric's relationship haa been steady and everyone's favourite in the whole school.

For the last few months, Y/N hasn't received any other update surrounding the Chamber of Secrets from the trio, but she didn't mind. She let them know that she would try and help if they needed her.

On Valentine's Day morning, she and Evie were walking to the Great Hall, for breakfast, and talking, surrounded by the other students.

As they entered, they were left stunned at the sight: at how the Great Hall had been decorated for the special day.

"What the-?" Evie asked, eyes wide, as she scanned the room.

"I'll bet everything Professor Lockhart's the one behind these... uh, artistic choices?" Y/N stated, sitting at the Slytherin table.

The walls were all covered with large, lurid pink flowers. Heart shaped confetti was falling from the ceiling.

Y/N's eyes landed on the professors' table. She froze when she saw her Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, in pink robes, matching the decorations. He was waving to get everyone's attention.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" Lockhart shouted. "And may I thank the forty six people who have so far sent me cards! Yes, I have taken the liberty of arranging this little surprise for you all. And it doesn't end here!"

"Oh,Merlin's beard." Evie pinched the bridge of her nose.

Lockhart clapped his hands and through the ddoors to the Entrance Hall marched a dozen dwarfs. Not just any dwarfs, as they were made to wear golden wings and carrying harps.

Y/N and Evie tried holding back laughs, tears filling their eyes and their faces going red. It was truly a sight.

"My friendly, card-carryigng cupids!" beamed the professor. "They will be roving around the school today delivering your Valentines. And the fun doesn't stop here! I'm sure my colleagues will want to enter into the spirit of the occasion..."

"Do you think professor Snape'll tell us about some love related potions?" asked Evie.

Y/N shrugged "I don't know. Maybe?"

"Do you think Cedric'll send you one of those things?" Evie pointed to the dwarfs, chuckling.

"I hope he doesn't. I wouldn't be able to take it seriously. I think he knows that too. It would be funny, but not romantic. I applaud Professor Lockhart for trying something, at least."

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"As you will be learning about this potion in your 6th year, and Professor Lockhart has been exasperating me, I shall tell you a little about Amortentia." Professor Snape explained, as he was walking around the classroom, a potion that had a pearly finish in hand. "Has anyone heard about Amortentia?"

Most of the students, Y/N included, raised their hands. The professor chose one of them to talk about what they knew of the potion. 

As the student started talking, a few drawarfs barged into the class, just like every other class of today, to the annoyance of the teacher.

"I've got a musical message to deliver to Evie D-" the dwarf started, but Y/N didn't hear the rest as she started laughing. She looked at Evie, who had a mortified expression.

The dwarf then started the singing Valentine and everyone in the room, except for Snape, went berserk with laughter. After Evie, came the turns of two Gryffindor girls. The Valentines went on for around 10 to 15 mins, before the dwarfs left.