~ Y4 ~ Chapter 8

The double attack on the boy named Justin and Nearly Headles Nick turned what had been nervousness into utter panic. Curiously, it was Nearly Headless Nick's fate that seemed to worry people the most.

"What could possibly do that to a ghost?" whispered Evie, as if to herself.

"As if I know." sighed Y/N. She didn't want to show it, but she was starting to get worried and kept asking herself, what if she was the next victom? Or someone that she cares?

The twp were in the Great Hall, eating their lunch. More like playing with it; they parely touched it.

'When will those three be done with the potion. If they need help, they can just ask me... Hmmm.' the Malfoy though, getting up to walk towards the Gryffindor trio. Her friend didn't even notice her leaving.

"At this rate, we'll be the only ones left." said Ron. "Us, Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle. What a jolly holiday it's going to be."

"Forgot about me?" chuckled Y/N, sitting next to the young Weasley. 

"Woah, Y/N. You scared us." said Hermione. "How're ya?"

"Could be worse, really." shrugged the Slytherin. "But how are you, Mr. Heir of Slytherin?" she smirked and nudged Harry's arm. 

Ever since the rumor broke out about the boy being the Heir of Slytherin, the one behind all of the attacks, people have been distancing themselves from him. 

However, the stupidity of those claims have sparked jokes in their friend group; between the 4th  years especially.

"Good, knowing that my friends are here for me." he gave a small smile.

That made Y/N smile, putting her arm around the 2nd year, giving him a side hug. Then she turned to Hermione, her arm not moving.

"So I came here to ask you about the Polyjuice Potion. Any updates? I'm kinda getting impatient and worried as days go by."

"It's nearly ready. We'll be gettinf the truth out any day now." she said.

"So for now I just need to help you get into the common room, right?" she leaned in and whispered.

"Yes. But if you need to do anything else, we'll let you know. Don't worry." Hermione whispered back.

"Alright." the Slytherin sighed and got up. "Hopefully we get something out. Even the smallest clue counts. See you guys later." she smiled and waved at them, walking back to Evie.

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

Christmas morning dawned, cold and white. Y/N and Evie were the only 4th year girls staying at Hogwarts; Evie made up her mind of staying very last minute.

The poor Malfoy was woken up by her friend early.

"Wake up! Come one, Y/N! I wanna see what you got from your Mr Hufflepuff." she whined, shaking her.

"UGHHH. I'M UP. I'M UP." Fed up with her, Y/N finally decided to wake up. 

"Merry Christmas, my love!" Evie hugged her tight.

"Merry Christmas to you too, Evie." she murmured, her head falling onto her friend's shoulder.

"Hey! Up, I said. Come one, open your present from Cedric. Quick!"

She threw into Y/N's lap a small box. Curious, she opened it carefully. Inside was a slightly smaller box; a small green velvety box.

Evie was watching her every move closely.