f i v e

Sehven

Leaving my bedroom, I popped in one of my AirPods, glancing at the time. It was Saturday morning and I had been craving homemade biscuits for days now. So, after my morning exercise, I decided to cook breakfast for the three of us. Thankfully this Saturday was the start of a free weekend for us. Erin mentioned stopping by the shop later on today, but I know that would be for her own personal gain, however, I didn't mind stopping by to check up on the ladies while she shopped.

Inside the kitchen, I propped my phone up on the counter, the Pour Mind Podcast with Drea and Lex playing in my ear.

I was starting my homestyle potatoes when Erin and Izzy walked into the kitchen, both wrapped up in their fluffy covers. Erin had her blanket around her body while Izzy held her robe around her frame. On the other hand, I was in flannel shorts and a sports bra. I hated being hot, so I rather stay cool.

"Good morning, maid," Erin spoke first, stopping at the island with Isabella right there. I swear sometimes the two of them grow more inseparable by the day.

"I see you got on yo' maid outfit on. Like you always do." Isabella finished.

Stopping mid-chop, I gave both of them a side eye, shaking my head. "Don't start with me this morning, whores."

"I ain't hear no Trey Songz playing through the walls. You must have went to sleep." Erin said, taking a seat on the barstools. I tossed the potatoes into a mixing bowl with some seasonings of choice and fresh onions.

Indeed the speaker never came on last night and after my thirty-minute soak and twenty-minute shower; my body and skin were ready to be tossed and devoured. Yet, the call never came and after another thirty minutes, I pulled up my favorite lesbian video and did my own thing before falling asleep to my own faithful fingers. They never stood me up.

"Girl fuck him." Was my only response to her, but it was truthful. I had expected him to say something by this morning. A good morning text, my bad about last night, something. Instead, I got notifications from everyone but him.

"Don't do him like that," Isabella stated and I knew she was about to be Captain Save-A-Hoe right now. And I wasn't in the mood to hear any possible excuses. He wasn't mine and I wasn't his, so it was time I cut Loc off for good and moved on before four years turned into five. "I'm sure something came up last night. Maybe he had to work or something."

"Carlos Sanchez is blocked, hun. So it doesn't matter anymore. And you know I don't even be blocking niggas for real. But I'm coo' on him now."

Erin laughed, taking a glance at Isabella who seemed physically hurt by my words. I wasn't changing my mind. She never responded with a rebuttal and eventually, Erin went to grab the remote, turning on the television.

In the meantime, I turned up my phone's volume to continue the latest episode of the podcast, while prepping bacon to put inside the oven. Isabella washed her hands and joined me. An ideal Saturday or Sunday breakfast was like a brunch fest. We didn't get the chance during the week to cook breakfast, so this was our bonding time.

With Isabella being a middle school teacher and Erin a full-time college student, the three of us was out of the house no later than 10 am on the weekdays. Erin didn't work, thankfully for her doctor of a sister. Which, I didn't mind because she needed this time to focus and enjoy life especially at nineteen. I remember my undergrad years; wishing I didn't have to balance so many responsibilities. And now that she's at that time in her life, I don't want her stressing.

By now in our Saturday morning routine, Erin would have a sitcom playing in the background of the living room, but sparking up conversations about the latest celebrity news. Just as she is doing now. TheShaderoom's post being the source of our talk. Which left me and Isabella to cook and chop up fruits to snack on until everything was finished.