e i g h t

Merry Christmas y'all ❤️
_______________

Migi

Jace looked at me from across the room. A blunt between his fingers, in one hand and a bottle of Don Julio in the other. I smirked at the sound of excitement he made. It was his birthday today and he asked for one thing: a night at Vegas Strip Club. So me being the closest thing to a big brother and his best friend, I granted his wish. He invited a few of his street members out for the night along with Taz.

Me and Taz had dapped each other up when he walked into the section, but I kept my mouth closed for further decision. Speaking about another nigga without him being present wasn't in my forte. And I damn sure wasn't bringing up business deals and conversation around strippers. Besides I didn't have a worry regarding Loc. Long as he kept his distance, he'll be fine. Taz and I were brothers. Close enough that if I had a issue with one of his street soldiers, we'll get to a solution together.

"Why are you sitting so lonely?" I exhaled the smoke, turning slightly to face Mercedes, who was one of the girls in the section tonight.

Her floss was a light pink and I'll be lying to say it wasn't enhancing her appearance. She has always been attractive, her brown skin glistening under the lights. But I knew the illusion of strippers. She appeared to be perfectly put together. From her curly black hair to her nails and toes. But I knew better, yet I still enjoyed the tease. The build-up was worth the anticipation in my mind. Sometimes. Other times, strippers were annoying as fuck and I preferred to keep my distance.

Right now wasn't one of those times.

"I was waitin' to see how long it'll take you to come over here."

She smiled, biting her bottom lip. "It's been a minute since I saw you, Blood,"

It had, even before my prison stint, I had become distant with the strip club scene. Mercedes was a regular stripper at Vegas and also an "independent contractor" as she likes to call it. A fancy way of saying she'll come dance at your leisure without the owners of the club knowing of her private income.

"Come with me to the back. Let's get...reacquainted." She bit her bottom lip, standing up in front of me and I smirked at her choice of words.

I stole a glance at Jace, by now he had two girls dancing in front of him. The bottle going straight to his head. Taz wasn't too far behind with his own two picks and I knew they was good for the time being. I wouldn't be gone long.

I placed the blunt back to my lips, taking a pull as I nodded to the left exit and entrance doors of the private rooms. "After you, ma."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I hadn't been here in over two years and it felt foreign. But I wasn't sure if the lost time was the reason for my uneasiness or something more severe.

Jace was leaning against me, his head on my shoulder, but his body turned all kinds of ways. I wasn't any help, but we were making it. Together the two of us had gotten to the apartment complex downtown in the city limits of Houston, unscathed. I had to say a silent "thank you" for that. After five bottles of Moët and three bottles of Don Julio, we should be somewhere half dead. My house would have been closer in distance, but we had guests and I couldn't afford any bullshit to occur, too soon.

"You my motherfucking nigga, Blood. For real. I love you dawg, even when niggas wanted you dead...I was like hell nah! That's my Blood." Taz laughed from behind us as Jace gave his slurred speech of appreciation. The four girls with us thinking it was the funniest and sweetest thing ever said.