s i x

Sehven

Erin and I sat in my bedroom, her laptop on her lap as I finished molding her natural hair into the half-up ponytails. On Saturday we ended our day inside the shop with the ladies and while we were there, she picked up bundles and Izzy got a deep wave wig. Both were now installed by me and Erin chose the popular half up, half down style.

Right now she was supposed to be ordering Pizza Hut for the three of us, but instead, we ended up on Shein. The both of us had a cart prepared.

I had been home for about four hours from today's workload and sessions. And it had been a rough day to say the least. One of my nonverbal patients had become upset during the session and as a result, she bit my hand. Breaking the skin. Thankfully the office has a registered nurse inside and Mrs. Cooper was able to clean the bite up and wrap it up for me. It wasn't the first time I experienced this and by the time I was home, the bandage wasn't necessary.

Plus, I came home to Lowe's shopping bags on the kitchen's island from Izzy and Erin's trip to purchase Ring spotlight cameras for our home. I thought it was ridiculous, but Erin's edginess since Loc's mystery man story has only increased by the night. Ultimately she was getting on my last nerve, so whatever kept her relaxed and content— I was fine with it.

Just as I was about to ask how many cameras Izzy was installing today, she walked into my bedroom with a fluffy sweater and matching bottoms on.

"I installed the cameras above the front and back doors. We need a ladder for me to put the other two up though. So I'll leave them for later on."

"We don't have a ladder?" Erin asked, her head moving while I was trying to secure the rubber around the second ponytail.

"Girl be still. Me and Izzy will go back to Lowe's tomorrow and get a ladder," I lied effortlessly, but Erin knew I wasn't about to go pick up a ladder. I still believe they are overreacting. "Relax."

"Y'all ordered the food?" Izzy asked, taking a seat on the gray turfed swivel chair in my room. She knew she couldn't sit on my bed with her "outdoor" clothes.

"No," I said laughing. "Somebody got a lil' sidetracked I guess." I said in reference to Erin who simply shrugged.

"I needed my card out of my purse to finish the order. Unless you want to treat us." Izzy rolled her eyes before unlocking her phone to pull up her digital Capital One card to place the order.

I was glad because it was already after nine and I didn't care to cook tonight.

"Y'all got plans for Valentine's Day?" Erin asked after she was done with her original task. The question made Izzy's smile turn into a full-on schoolgirl grin.

"Y'all know me and my man got something special planned." Yes, we know. She had been telling us about it since the middle of January.

"Yes, bitch. Damn." Erin said, rolling her eyes. Which caused Izzy to toss a pillow at her in response.

"I can't help that y'all some lonely hoes. Stuck in the damn house all day-" Erin held up her hand to stop her then. 

"I got plans. That's why I asked what y'all were doing because I won't be in town that weekend and I'm not coming back until that Wednesday." I was done with her install and simply left her edges out for her to style.

By now my big sister instincts had kicked in. Erin hadn't mentioned going out of town and Valentine's Day was a little over a week away.

"And who are you going out of town with?" I asked, examining my work before nodding my head at the finished product. It was cute, of course.