f o r t y

Sehven

"You know what they say 'bout the girlies that get braids before they go out of town with they niggas?"

"What they say, miss thang?"

"They the private island hoes."

Both myself and Izzy laughed at the ridiculous noise coming from my little sister. Currently, we were finishing up the last of my jumbo knotless braids. It was the quickest style I could come up with while keeping the look safe. Migi suggested something such as braids but wasn't telling me why or where we were going. Erin could be correct in her theory and the thought alone made me excited.

Last year the three of us visited Cancún, Mexico during the Summertime, after I completed my last residency program. It was the most beautiful trip and not to mention our first time.

"Aren't you still his doctor? Therapist? Psychiatrist? Something.....legal, miss mamas."

"I am." Was my response and they both sighed dramatically causing me to laugh.

"So wait. I thought we said to drop him?" Erin asked, seconding Isabella's first question.

"It's not that easy with Migi."

"So you going out....of...town with a man that's still your patient? Just like that?" I'm also carrying his child, but I'll pick my battles wisely. I planned to wait for a while before telling them about my pregnancy.

"We've been dating for months now. The damage is done, E. What am I supposed to do?" I asked, checking my phone for any new notifications after I finished the last braid.

"That's ghetto," Izzy said and I simply shrugged. It was, but at the same time, it wasn't. "And all I know is, I'm glad we're done, chy. Damn, big ass dump truck head."

"Girl, fuck you." I had a total of fifteen braids on my head. Yet my braiding assistant was complaining. What makes it worst is Isabella volunteered herself for the task. It was Sunday morning and usually, I'm in the bed still. However, today was the day before our trip and I had a laundry list of things to complete.

Including my hair. So, I got up extra early to wash, blow dry, trim my ends, and part my hair for the jumbo styling. That was truly the longest part. By the time my best friend appeared with a pop-tart in her hand; the first three braids were finished. Mind you each braid was knee length and that may have been the problem. But, oh well.

The three of us did a handful to get my room back organized. Isabella pulled out the vacuum cleaner to hit my floor, while I took the hair care products to my bathroom and wiped everything down. Erin wrapped up the extra bundles of braiding hair to store downstairs with our other hair "supply" items. Within fifteen minutes, the job was done and it was only a little after eleven o'clock.

"So are we going shopping now?" They asked in unison causing Erin to mush Izzy's shoulders. It wasn't a bad idea. I do indeed need some items and while I'm not sure if we're going to a "private island" — Migi did mention bringing enough bathing suits and cover-ups to last me a week.

"Umm....sure, after I shower and dip my hair. We can go to a few stores."

"Thank ya', Jesus!" Erin shouted, jumping from my bed. "Mama needed some new pieces, hunny."

"This is not a shopping sphere, hoe!"

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Migi

I think I do better under pressure, always.

Even with the weight of everything going on in the past few weeks — I met my main deadlines for the complex building in Dallas. My inspection was checked off the list and after Sehven gave me her run down in my office; there were more deadlines. All of which she prepared me for it.