t w e n t y

Sehven

Migi was sick. I wasn't sure how I came to that conclusion in my sleep, but the second I woke up — it was confirmed.

Rolling over I checked my phone's battery, seeing it was fully charged and the time was only a little after nine in the morning. Surprisingly, I was refreshed. Bummer.

I left the device there, tossing the covers from my body as I made my way to his bathroom. I knocked twice, hearing him mumbled something on the other end as an invitation to enter. It was hot and steamy, but Migi stood in front of the counter with a towel around his waist. He looked at me through the lone wiped spot on the mirror.

His eyes were heavy and his skin was almost pale. Those plump, pink lips were dry and plus he just looked...sick.

"Good morning, mama." He spoke drowsy, not seeming to be in the best mood, but still sweet-hearted towards me.

"Morning."

I  grabbed a clean rag to handle my morning routine. It was still early and I had no intention of being up right now, but I couldn't sleep now that I knew he wasn't his healthiest self.

Once I finished, I tossed the rag into his dirty towel's hamper and cleaned the countertop from the water that splashed.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked when he stood against the wall with his eyes closed.

"Ion know," Migi opened his eyes, reaching for the Calvin Klein boxers on the counter. He dropped his towel without shame, slipping on the piece of clothing. "How you know some was up?"

His question kind of surprised me because I wasn't sure myself, but maybe intuition. "I'm not sure, just kinda...felt it. When was the last time you had a full meal? You didn't touch them wings last night."

Actually, instead of eating Migi watched me devour my food. His Aunt had delivered him two shots of Patron and he happily gulped those down, however.

"I had some wings the other night-"

"Some wings? That's it? I meant a full meal. Meat, veggies, some bread. A meal."

He shrugged, bending down to retrieve the towel from the floor to toss it in the corner of the bathroom. "A few days."

Sighing, I shook my head.

As much as I planned to be gone by the time he woke up, I couldn't. Last night was a lot to handle. The confirmation of Salice's pregnancy was slightly upsetting, but I remembered that I made a promise. I'll ride with him through this as long as he promised gave no drama. Migi was confident that the baby wasn't his and I'll take his word for it.

Now there was the over-thinker in me that believed it could very much so be his child, and if he made a child with this woman...I couldn't keep my promise, no more. I've seen the messiness she and her sister are capable of. Erin and Isabella are always on ten when it comes to defending themselves and each other, but I couldn't condone that. I wasn't the average Joe. I had worked myself up to a prestigious position and Migi's potential baby mother and ex-fling, wouldn't be the death of that.

"C'mon." I grabbed his hand, leading him away from the bathroom and back to his bed. Migi walked behind me with his arms around my frame. He was slow with his movements, which was the total opposite of his normal rhythm. Typically, he's fast pace, witty, and always on his toes. Another clear indication he was ill.

"Lay down. Have you had any hydrating liquids?"

Migi frowned at me when I asked the question. He sat on the bed, pulling me closer in between his legs. His head found my belly and his hands rested on my butt. Clearly he wasn't too sick.