t w e n t y - 9

Part 1/2

Sehven

"It's too much stuff to get into out here. There's clubs, niggas, dancing, day drinking, mo' niggas, the weather nice as hell, plus the niggas. I'm definitely having a one night stand. Cause god damn!"

Isabella looked at me and together we looked at Erin, who was very serious with her words at the moment. She wasn't necessarily wrong though. In the two days we've had here, there's been a lot of opportunities presenting themselves.

Last night we ate some of the best seafood I've ever had in my life from a Black owned restaurant near the Bayou and then back to the house to shower before ending our night out at a local bar. It wasn't too crazy, but it was full enough for a good time.

Erin had been in charge of making reservations and picking the foodie and nightlife spots. While Izzy and I took turns driving.

Now, we hadn't been successful with our reasoning for coming to New Orleans, but it still felt good to be here with them and enjoying the new scenery.

Oddly, there was something that I hadn't spoken to them about and that was this silent blanket of protection I was feeling. As if — no matter what was to happen, we would be okay. Maybe something in the air was protecting me or just good luck.

I wasn't usually one to believe in "good luck" however, so I'll go with the latter option.

"Okay, so who is Devin, chy? 'Cause I just can't...I thought you had a man?" I asked, not able to hide my confusion.

My baby sister has flirted and danced with more men during these two days than I've ever seen from her. Usually, Erin is private with her love life, but she's also made some rather obvious comments that her current relationship isn't one she's sticking to be faithful in. Which sucks.

"He's a friend," She explained shortly, making Izzy laugh at the bullshit excuse. "Okayyyy...we were serious, okay? But it kind of...fell through somewhere. He's a good guy though."

"A good guy. So what's the problem?"

"Liking somebody ain't enough and neither is love, quite frankly," She said straightforwardly. "I wanna be crazy 'bout my nigga like y'all is bout y'all men," She pointed between myself and Isabella. "You love Tremaine with all yo' lil heart. He calls, you be right there in a heartbeat. And you and Migi. It's only been about three or four months, but the affection you show him. The dates you tell us about. The way y'all are in sync. You are there for him unconditionally. You wanna be in that nigga skin sometimes, Lyssa," I couldn't help but laugh at her last sentence. I'm never telling her shit else! "You show some tough love, but it's real genuine love. I don't feel that shit for Devin. He fine, but that's it and that ain't enough."

Been there.

"You are a hundred percent correct, boop. Being fine ain't worth shit. For it to work, you need everything. Love, companionship, communication, patience, good sex, stability, good sex again, common sense, love language, and some more damn good sex. Whew...can never have too much good sex,"

Erin and I laughed at Isabella's encouraging words. While she may be joking partially, she lying at all. "You're still young though, baby boop. Don't stress love. It'll happen one of these days." I silently agreed with a nod. Erin didn't need her big sister's love advice. Until I went to this session with Dr. Omar Gisela next week, I'll just play my cards right when it comes to love.

It's been months since I've seen Dr. Gisela, he's the Operating Chairman for the office and also our personal therapist when in need. He works as our decompression specialist after heavy sessions. I've tried to do it my way, but my way has left me stuck in my shell, broken, and lonely. So, it's time.