t w e n t y - 8

Migi

"You sure we related? 'Cause ion know my nigga. I aint neva' did all this extra ass shit, G,"

Jace stood in my living room, his gazed fixed on me as I worked in front of him. I had two duffle bags on the coffee table between us. One was almost full with different shoe options, plus some matching clothes. The other was for my hygiene and some random necessities. The first item I slipped inside was my pistol with a custom box that held my switch safe and some fresh bullets inside.

"You another type of crazy. For real nigga. They always said some was wrong with ya', but nah. I ain't believe 'em. But yo' ass got more than a few loose screws up there. Didn't shorty say leave her alone? The fuck?"

Looking up at Jace, I frowned before sloppy folding the last pieces of clothes to put away.

I had everything for this quick road trip in front of me. Along with another twenty minutes to spare before I had to hit the door. The house was cleaned, dirty clothes were washed and put away, and I had turned off all the electronics and any lights.

"I don't give a fuck." I told him simply, standing up once I had my belongings ready. He laughed at my serious tone or maybe just the words I said. Yet, I was dead serious.

"Aint' no way, Migi. You tweakin' hard as fuck right now. You look sick ass shit and now you wanna drive to Orleans? Bro, leave that fuckin' girl alone. Let her handle whatever business she got going on."

"You really think Imma send Sehven to Nola, to a fuckin' crack house to look for her momma? Alone. Both of y'all, out y'all rabbit ass mind."

Side-stepping Jay, I picked up both bags and brought them with me to the garage door. Of course, my little cousin was right on my trail. I could hear him sigh before he mumbled "this nigga crazy" under his breath.

"Well, I gotta go withcha then. It's bad enough you look like the walking fuckin' dead right now." Jace said, making his way upstairs to the bedroom he once used. I never went behind him to check for any leftover belongings, but I guess there were still some clothes in there. Regardless, I wasn't waiting on him to pack up. I had fifteen minutes left and I was heading out.

Sehven, Erin, and Isabella were already on the road. Probably two or three hours out by now. I wouldn't know their exact location without checking the tracking system I installed on the rental Mercedes Benz. But right now? I didn't need to check for any updates. They were safe, long as they were on the road.

Leaving a few hours after them would give time to arrive at the vacation house, change clothes, and freshen up. Maybe unpack or possibly eat. I wasn't expecting them to go looking for Monica the second they touched down in New Orleans, but if they did — I wouldn't be too far behind.

The plan wasn't to pop up at the house and force myself into their plans. In the past three hours, I've booked a rental apartment for myself and thankfully for Jace, it was a three bedroom.

My purpose of following her was to simply make sure she stayed safe. Sehven knew about drugs because of her mother's usage, but she's never been exposed to the everyday lifestyle of an addict. She's never been inside a crack house. She's never been around people who use different drugs daily. She been around yo' ass. Cocaine, crack cocaine, and heroin were just the starters of what she could be walking into. And those few heavy hitters are a lot different from smoking weed every day.

And if something was to happen to her during this trip...

"You got ten minutes, lil' nigga!"

I had to go, my nerves were bad. And the hellcat pickup truck would get us there within four hours instead of the ETA of five plus hours.