t w e l v e

Migi

It was after three o'clock in the morning and I was riding the city. A blunt burning, I had just finished wrapping papers around a fresh spliff. Some slow jams blast through the speakers of the Cadillac to take my mind off shit. Usually, I take my adrenaline out on a punching bag in the gym or running on the treadmill, but instead, I took the time to drive it out.

It never fails me. After every job done, there's that rush of stress and thoughts after the most recent kill.

For some reason, I was led to the north side of Houston. I didn't live far from here, but I wasn't heading home just yet. Picking up my blocker phone, I made the call to Taz. He requested the hit and that's the only reason why I got it done. Let anybody else had called, it would've automatically been declined. I'm stepping away from the game, as much as one could, in my case. At least for a while. If I was going to get my legit businesses together, now was the time.

"'Preciate it," Taz said on the pick up. He knew what the call was regarding. And if there were ever complications, I'll never make a call. Instead, pay a visit. Taz was good for his word though. Plus, I had trust in him. Not to mention he paid four hundred and twenty-five thousand dollars for the shot. "I ain't gon' hold you for too long, but it crazy you called me right now. Just got a word for you."

A word for you? That's code for another hit and immediately I shook my head. I got business to handle tomorrow.

"I'm good."

"Nah, you might wanna hear this shit," He said with a low chuckle. I pulled up to the curb of Sehven's house. The lights were out. The only thing shining was their spotlights. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary and I slatted back in the seat once I knew it was cool. "Closing up the shop and heading to the club, I get a knock at the back door. It was loud as fuck and I ain't know what was going on. I grabbed the pistol and shit," I placed the phone on the speaker, sitting it on my lap. Wondering where the story begins and more importantly, what it has to do with me.

"Come to find out it's ya boy."

"Jace?" I asked after a few moments of silence. I guess he wanted me to interact with the conversation. Something like figuring out the clues.

I'm finna hang up the fucking phone.

"Nah my nigga."

"Bruh. I'm not finna play Blue's Clues with ya' ass. What's up?" Taz laughed and I could hear him flickering a lighter in the background. Little did he know he was blowing my high right now. I hadn't come here to talk about his visitor.

I wonder what kinda panties Sehven got on...

Or if she wore some at all while in her own bed. Then the image of her in my bedroom with nothing on but boyshorts crossed my mind. Never in my thirty two years have I yearned for the taste of a woman's pussy, but Sehven? It was just different.

"Nigga do you hear me?" I rubbed a hand down my face, that smile fading away.

"Who the nigga at the spot, Qu'Taz? Damn."

"Nigga I'm trying to tell you," He said laughing. "Loc. He came in talking fast and shit. I guess he had to get his emotions out man. Came saying he needed my help with something. So I asked what was up. That's when he told me there was a plot for a hit. He needed to know who the top hitters were,"

I kissed my teeth, closing my eyes. I know he wasn't calling me to do a favor for no damn Carlos Sanchez. Both of them could go to hell and I love Taz like a long-lost brother, but he was wilding.

"So off ripe, I say, Blood. And he goes crazy. Oh hell nah. Hell nah. That's the nigga, that's the nigga," Taz takes a pull, and I hear something in the background, but then it goes quiet. "Long story short, he wants ya' head. Asked me to help him out with getting the drop on you. But he knows we boys and said, if he couldn't get it done through me, he'll do it himself."