t h i r t y - 1

Migi
________________

Three Weeks Later

Going legit came with wisdom, but it also came with a heavier price tag. At this age, I understand that more, and I'm learning to navigate properly. I've made the money, done the dirt, and attempted to turn some of this mess around — and within the next year — I wanted out. Completely.

Involving Jace felt like the right thing because he was not only my younger cousin, but he was like my right hand with any business dealings. And vice versa. Taz on the other hand had his hands in some legit moves previously. Making money in the real estate world was his first legit hustle. He was actually the connect for myself and Jay.

That business tip had taken a few months to see any profits from, but just as I was spending millions between the apartment complex and the shoe store — there was three deposit posted in the last four days. All of which averaged about three to five million a piece.

The money was making itself, all I had to do was wipe my hands clean of the street shit, but that's never as easy as it sounds. The second I attempt to walk away, that's when every enemy I've made, will come with their guns drawn. So I needed to be ready, but more important than me being ready — Sehven had to get prepared. I wasn't hiding her. The people around the city have seen us out and will continue to do so.

Unfortunately, loving me puts her in a lot of spotlight.

So, I was planning a trip for us. There was a gun show coming up and I wanted her informed. The pistol she had was cute, but I wanted her to be seriously informed and know how to shoot properly.

Plus I wanted to take her out of the city, just the two of us.

"Are you and Mr. Heartsfield purchasing the two buildings without any bank assistance?" Real Estate attorney Misha Turner questioned, looking from the statements in front of her to me. "You know there are bank loans. I can get both of you approved rather quickly. Especially you Mr. Vargas. With you owning a home, plus both of your vehicles being paid off, and your line of credit."

"I'm paying for the Dallas building, Heartsfield is covering the Houston location." I told her in regards to how we were splitting the finances for the buildings. The two of us already had a plan intact.

Furthermore, each payment towards the apartments was funded via a separate bank account. Which was reported to the top three credit bureaus. We didn't need a bank loan to accomplish that.

"Okay...." Ms. Turner glanced at her computer and I took my attention back to my cell phone. I had a second task at hand — trying to find Sehven's account and routing number. Usually, this information is easy to gain access to. It's the new scam for that exact reason. "Overall your cost for this building is sitting at $10,988,972. You still have some utility coverage being handled, permits, safety and security fees for the outdoor amenities, and the final inspection. After this, you could pay another nine hundred thousand easily," Yes, I had done the research. I knew the price and when I brought it to Calvin to look at it — he quickly agreed. This move was important because it'll show the necessary step to proving my innocence. Calvin then set up a meeting between myself and a trusted financial advisor. Even then I was given a second go.

"Do you want the coverage cost for the Houston building also?"

Calvin looked over at me before shaking his head no to Misha. "No, we will let Mr. Heartsfield and his attorney come in regarding that cost. We just wanted to know the expenses for the Dallas location and when the final inspection date was set."