(31) PC: If I may...

Robin walked around, trying to find Peter. She had a few things to ask forgiveness for, and she couldn't find him. Of course there weren't that many places where he could be, but these few places, were quite large in size. She'd checked the main chasum were Narnians stood, or sat, working on the weapons. She'd been to all the lookouts and found nothing and from looking out she found nothing. There were a few room and tunnels she had also checked, now the only place left was the Tomb, and she had a half mind not to go down there. She'd guess the whole time, that that was where he was, but she just didn't want him to be. The presence of the White Witch still seemed to linger and Robin wanted to be far from it. But in the end, she traveled down.

Before she was even to the opening she heard Peter say, "You're lucky, you know." Or course Robin knew not who he talked to, nor exactly why.

"What do you mean?" Well, that told her. It was Lucy. Robin both heard and now saw the back of her head and Peter's. They sat on the one of the steps leading up the Stone Table, but this one faced the moral of Aslan on the wall.

"To have seen him. I wish he'd just give me some kind of proof." Robin stopped walking a few feet from the Table.

"Maybe we're the one who need to prove ourselves to him." Robin began walking again, and she made her heel scruff the hard dirt floor, causing them to look at her.

"Well said, Lucy." Robin said, with a rare smile. Lucy smiled back. "If you don't mind, I'd like to borrow your brother." Lucy nodded and stood up, then left. Robin leaned against the Table and stared at Aslan, as did Peter. For a moment nothing happened then they both turn to one another; Peter about to ask what she needed, but Robin beat him: "I'd just like to say that in all your stubbornness, you still have a small heart."

This is not something that most people would expect to hear, nor maybe want to hear, but Robin was not good at apologizing and Peter wasn't either, making them both trying to take their time.

"Well, at least you came all the way down here to tell me that."

"Actually-" Robin moved and sat where Lucy had been on the step, making Peter move over a bit. "Well, I guess I came down here..." She trailed off looking at the floor.

"If you're going to ask for forgiveness, I think I'm the one who needs to give it." He waited for a cocky remark, but it never came. She was still staring at the floor. He sighed. "I forgive you."

"And I, you." She whispered, then jumped up. "Now, I feel better." Peter raised his eyebrows.

"Of course you do." He smiled, but Robin glared. There was a scrapping of feet and Edmund came through the doorway. He stopped beside Robin, but turned to Peter.

"Pete, you'd better come quickly." He said.

"Do I need to come... quickly?" Robin asked. Edmund looked at her and frowned.

"I wasn't going to ask, knowing you'd just follow." This earned a chuckle and they followed Edmund quickly to the lookout.

Once there, they saw a sight that made their hearts drop and their spirits die out. There out on the field before the How stood Miraz' army all with silver faces, and Miraz himself seated on a white horse, riding before the legion. Peter looked from Caspian to Robin then back to the army of their death before them.

~~~

"Cakes and kettledrums!" Trumpkin said as he banged his fist on the Stone Table. Peter had just given out their plan of salvation. "That's your next big plan? Sending a little girl alone into the darkest parts of the forest alone?" He pointed to Lucy as he walked toward her, but his eyes stayed on Peter.

"It's our only chance." Peter argued. And a wise one at that, thought Robin.

"And she won't be alone." Susan objected, as she placed a hand on Lucy's shoulder. Trumpkin turned to her.

"Haven't enough of us died already?" He asked Lucy.

"Nikabrik was my friend too, but he lost hope." Trufflehunter said. "Queen Lucy hasn't. And neither have I."

"For Aslan." Reepicheep said drawing his sword.

"For Aslan." Bulgy Bear, the bear repeated. Peter looked at him, but then back at the Dwarf.

"I'm going with you." Trumpink stated to Lucy.

"No, we need you here." Said Lucy, as she placed a hand on his shoulder.

"We have to hold them off until Lucy and Susan get back." Peter explained.

"If I may..." Caspian started, before standing up, everyone's eyes now on him. "Miraz may be a tyrant and a murderer. But as king, he is subject to the traditions and expectations of his people.

"There is one in particular that may but us some time." Robin smiled as she slowly caught on as he explained.

~~~

"Just let me do the talking, will ya?" Edmund groaned as he stood by one of the pillar outside, waiting for the Giant, Wimbleweather, to bring him the branches. Robin chuckled as this had been pointed toward her.

"You can talk all you want." She said with a smirk. Edmund returned it with a smile, and the Giant was now to them. He handed the branches out to Glenstorm, Robin, and Edmund, taking the largest on for himself. Then they started across the field.

___

""I, Peter, by the gift of Aslan, by election and by conquest, High King of Narnia, Lord of Cair Paraval, and Emperor of the lone Islands, in order to prevent the abominable effusion of blood, do hereby challenge the usuper Miraz to single combat upon the field of battle. The fight shall be to the death. The reward shall be total surrender." "

Edmund rolled the parchment back up and placed it at his side, as he looked at the lords before him. Miraz sat in the middle of the long table under the white tent, while three lords on each side of him. Robin stood beside General Glozelle while the Centaur and Giant waited outside.

"Tell me, Prince Edmund-" Miraz started.

"King." Robin interjected. Edmund shot her a look and she backed down. Without her sword and bow she couldn't do much anyways, except survive.

"Pardon?"

"It's King Edmund actually." Edmund stated. "Just king though. Peter is the High King." This didn't seem to be helping them out in the slightest. "I know, it's confusing."

"Why would we risk such a proposal when our army could wipe you out by nightfall?"

"Haven't you already underestimated our number? Only a week ago, Narnians were extinct."

"And so you will be again."

"Then you should have little to fear." Miraz laughed.

"This is not a question of bravery."

"So you're bravely refusing to fight a swordsman half your age?" Miraz leaned forward, suddenly stern.

"I didn't say I refused." One of the lords turned and faced Miraz.

"You shall have our support, your majesty, whatever your decision." The lord said.

"Sire, our military advantage alone allows us the perfect excuse to avoid-" Lord Sopespian started, but Miraz had had enough and he quickly jumped up grabbing his sword that had been discarded onto the table.

"I am not avoiding anything!" He said loudly. Sopespian sat back in his chair and tried to defend himself.

"I am merely pointing out that my lord is well within his rights to refuse."

"His majesty would never refuse." The general said. Robin glared at him. She had a very strong hate toward him, and it was taking all of her will power not to kill him. "He relishes the chance to show his people the bravery of their new king." Miraz debated this, then pointed the sword at Edmund and Robin's hand flew to where her sword should have been, but was not.

"You had better hope your brother's sword proves sharper than his pin." Edmund smiled.