(33) PC: You'll come back

People parade the streets as the kings and queens ride through the town toward the castle. Aslan leads, with Caspian, who now held a crown upon his head, as the new king of Telmar and Narnia, and Robin behind the lion. Susan and Peter behind them, then Edmund and Lucy. Narnians make up the back of the long line. Kids run in front throwing flower petals, and many Telmarines stand in their windows dropping petals down a top them.

It is all smiles and laughs as they march to through Telmar, and even though most of the Narnians felt out of place, they found that they could enjoy this too.

The coronation was over and it was time for celebration, and they all did just that.

Once arriving at the castle and the party began, Robin found herself in a corner, leaning against the wall with a very gloomy face. She knew how this ended, and she did not like it one bit. She continued to tell herself to enjoy the time she has, but it was not working, she simply wanted to vanish. But, Lucy and Susan were making sure she didn't.

Even though they hadn't been able to get her into a dress...again. They still found it their resposibility to make sure she had a fun time, but at the moment they were having to find her. Every time they did, she would slip through their grasps and disappear once more. They knew from experience that she hated parties and would soon disappear entrily to the stable, or find some way to get Aslan to give her a job, but it wasn't going to work this time, and they were making sure of it.

They did find her once more, and they both ganged up on her. Each grabbing an arm they pulled her onto the dance floor and started the old country dances the Fauns had taught them so long ago. Soon, many--Telmarines and Narnians--joined in on the dancing and they had to slipt off to have three groups instead of one. The musicans played their fiddles and harps, while the dancers, danced to the beat.

Robin glared through the whole beginning of it, but soon found herself enjoying it, although they had to pull her into the next one again. She was what Lucy called; a party damper, or pooper if you prefer that one. Especally, when it came to the slow waltz, the girls completely lost her on that one, but Peter took care of it.

He grabbed her elbow and put her straight back in, this time he dancing with her. She scowled at him and he just laughed.

"I, for one, thought you'd enjoy this." Peter said, Robin looked away from him and out across the dance floor. She caught sight of Lucy and Susan and found them giggling behind their hands. She glarred at them, but Peter simply chuckled as he too caught sight of them.

"I, for one, have never enjoyed these." She looked back at him. "You should know. You four dragged me into many dances when you had still been here."

"Yes, well. You didn't have much of a choice now did you...?" She growled.

"No, but tonight I do, so if you'll excuse me." She pushed away, gave that mocking bow of her's and walked off the floor, toward the balaconies. There Lucy and Susan caught up with her...again.

"Enjoy yourself?" Lucy nudged her, with a smirk hiding behind her eyes.

"No, but I bet you two did, with your snickering and giggles." They both smiled.

"What, you haven't noticed...?"

"Noticed what...? That Peter won't leave me alone, yes I have very well noticed it." She glared off into the night, and Susan and Lucy found that they could do nothing to get her talking again so they left.

Robin was unsure of what made her do it, after they left but she found that she was sing quietly. She'd been told once--by a certain someone--that her voice was beautiful, but she'd never believed him. Now, here she was singing softly under the stars. This is something like how her song went:

It started out as a feeling

Which then grew into a hope

Which then turned into a quiet thought

Which then turned into a quiet word

And then that word grew louder and louder

'Til it was a battle cry

I'll come back

When you call me

No need to say goodbye

Just because everything's changing

Doesn't mean it's never

Been this way before

All you can do is try to know

Who your friends are

As you head off to the war

Pick a star on the dark horizon

And follow the light

You'll come back

When it's over

No need to say goodbye

You'll come back

When it's over

No need to say goodbye

She paused to find that the music seemed to be going along with her song, and it was beautiful, causing her to continue:

Now we're back to the beginning

It's just a feeling that no one knows yet

But just because they can't feel it too

Doesn't mean that you have to forget

Let your memories grow stronger and stronger

'Til they're before your eyes

You'll come back

When they call you

No need to say goodbye

You'll come back

When they call you

No need to say goodbye

There was no clapping, not that she expected any, but there still seemed to be a stillness in the air. She didn't turn around, but she felt the eyes on the back of her head. She didn't need to grip the railing to stop her from turning around, it was just something she didn't do. She did find it strange that they had heard her, when she had sang it under her breath, not getting any louder than her silent walk as a cat.

"You know, you didn't believe me all that time ago." She smirked.

"I still don't." From her side view, he walked to the rail next to her and leaned down on his elbows. He didn't look at her, but out over the horizon.

"Robin..."

"No need to say goodbye." She whispered, then left.