(1) LWW: Impossible

The snow made no noise under her padded black paws. Her slick body weaved in between the thick forest of fur trees and oaks. She missed the spring that would always come after winter. She missed the way the snow would melt and drip in puddles from the tree branches. How she could fish in the river again and swim to her heart's content. But now she was stuck avoiding the White Witch's eye. The forest wouldn't dare betray her to the Witch but the creatures under the Witch's command would and that was something he had told her specifically to avoid.
        Her thoughts went back to the night before when the Faun; Tumnus, had come to her late in the night. He was so scared of what could happen to both him and the Daughter of Eve, that it took him over an hour to explain everything. How he found her by the lamppost and invited her to tea, then realizing his mistake took her back to the lamppost and sent her home. He said that she came from the Wardrobe in the Spare 'Oom. Where ever that is. She thought to herself, as Tumnus continued saying her knew where it was, and that Lucy - the Daughter of Eve's name - was bound to come back. Robin had said her thanks and that she would look for the Wardrobe the next morning, then sent the Faun on his way.
        Now there she was, with her nose to the ground and her long tail flicking this way and that behind her. Voices brought her head up and the sound of angry shouts sent her in the voices' direction. "Get back." One voice hissed. "My toe!" Another yelled. "I'm not on your toe!" Another child yelled. "Move back." That one yelled again. "Will you stop shoving!" Yelled another voice. From just hearing the voices she could tell there were two boys and a girl. Then there were many grunts and angry yells that Robin could not catch even in the slightest.
        She had finally reached a small cleared area where out of the forest wall two back, one with short blonde hair and another with long wavy brown hair, sat. They both slowly turned around and Robin quickly dashed behind a patch of trees, her yellow eyes only partly noticeable. The brown haired one, a girl, with her mouth slightly agape pushed the pine needles out of her face and stood up looking into the white sky. The blonde, a boy, stood up after her, also looking around. Behind them two more children appeared, a dark haired boy and girl. These two appeared younger than the other two but less shocked, actually they didn't seem shocked at all.

From what Tumnus had told her, she believed the young girl to be Lucy, although she could not remember whether the Faun had told her the child's last name or not. "Impossible." The older girl whispered, still wide eyed and amazed.

"Don't worry." Lucy said as she came to stand before them. "I'm sure it's just your imagination." The older ones looked at her, and the boy stammered before being able to get out: "I don't suppose saying we're sorry would quite cover it." Robin smiled to herself as she saw the little ball of white in Lucy's hands, hidden behind her back.

"No, it wouldn't." She said as she brought it out and hit the boy in the face. "But that might!" Then they each set to work on gathering snow and throwing it at one another. Hitting each other's faces and bodies and having the most fun of times. Robin never noticed the other boy, until the older girl threw a snowball that hit him in the shoulder. "Ow!" He called out, rubbing where she had hit him, making everyone stop throwing snow and stare at him. "Stop it!" He sure is a fun killer. I wonder what he was looking at. Robin turned her head to look the direct she assumed him to have been looking in, but all she saw was the two hills that fortified the Witch's ice fortress.

"You little liar." The blonde boy said, accusing the younger of something that must have happened before.

"You didn't believe her, either." The boy objected, his face glowing a hint of red.

"Apologize to Lucy." The boy didn't say anything. The blonde took a step forward looking furious. " Say you're sorry."

"All right! I'm sorry." He didn't look it though. He just looked more mad than anything, else.

"That's all right." Lucy stated. "Some children just don't know when to stop pretending."

"Oh, very funny."

"Maybe we should go back." The older girl suggested.

"But shouldn't we at least take a look around?" He looked back at the mountain again. Robin was greatly confused by this. How can he know about her, unless he's been here before and someone told him, or...no not possible.

"I think Lucy should decide." The older boy said, turning to Lucy. She gasped with a small sweet smile.

"I'd like you all to meet Mr. Tumnus!" She exclaimed. Oh, great. Robin mentally groaned.

"Well, then Mr. Tumnus it is." The older boy walked back toward the way they had come and started pulling out coats of fancy warm fur. The brunet girl started rubbing her sleeves, feeling cold.

"But we can't go hiking in the snow dressed like this." She said. The boy walked forward and handed one of the furs to her.

"No. But I'm sure the professor wouldn't mind us using these." He handed one to Lucy, who gasped again. "Anyway, if you think about it logically...," The girl glared at him and Robin will never know why. "...we're not even taking them out of the wardrobe." He started to hand the younger boy a coat much different than the other's. Instead of being brown like a bear it was grey and black, and looked too girly, which he noticed.

"But that's a girl's coat!" The boy said backing up as if the touch of it would hurt him. The older boy seemed to give a weird look as if he'd never heard of such a thing.

"I know." He said sternly. Shoving it at him. Then he grabbed one of his own. Robin took this change to get out of there. She knew Tumnus was not home and that Mr. Beaver would be waiting. She had to get to him fast. The black panther--for that is what she is--turned on her heels, kicking up snow and making some noise, and ran off toward the lamppost, then to the Faun's. "What was that?" She heard one ask. "Probably just a bird, or deer." Another answered.