(4) LWW: He's our brother!

Robin was out the door before anyone else. Her nose didn't even have to touch the ground for her to know where he went. She should have seen it before: the way he kept looking back at the mountains. His quietness during their journey to the Beavers' home. All the signs and yet she hadn't thought once to find out if he had been here in Narnia before.

Her claws dug into the snow as it slicked up with frozen water, creating ice. Every slip earned a growl and every growl produced an echo. The snow was coming down in torrents but Robin trekked on. "Hurry!" She heard Peter yell, proving they were right behind her. She gave it no heed though, and continued up the mountain.

She reached the top right as a shadowy figure made it to the ice bairn lake. In the middle of the lake was a solitary peak made fully of ice: the Witch's castle. Quite a pretty thing that hardly stands out in the snow covered world, but still Robin couldn't help but admire it. Huffing and puffing was coming from behind her. Robin didn't have to turn around to know who it was. Peter was the first to the top, then Beaver, Susan, and Lucy. Mrs. Beaver apparently stayed behind. The shadow was now at the open gates.

"Edmund!" Lucy yelled. Robin shot around and wanted to clamp a paw over her mouth, but decided against it.

"Shh! They'll hear you!" Mr. Beaver hissed out. Peter shock his head and started to run down the hill. "No!" Mr. Beaver raced after him and pulled at the hem of his fur coat. Robin shot in front of him and gave a low growl.

"Get off!" Peter commanded, his eyes going from Beaver to Robin. Beaver released and slid backwards, while Robin dropped the growl.

"You're playing into her hands." Mr. Beaver pleaded.

"We can't just let him go!" Susan exclaimed.

"He's our brother!" Lucy persisted.

"He's the bait!" Robin said, in a harsh whisper. "The Witch wants all four of you!"

"Why?" Commanded Peter.

"To stop the prophecy from coming true." Mr. Beaver explained further. "To kill you!" Peter and Susan exchanged worried glances. They all looked back at the palace to see the gates close and the figure lost from sight. Susan started toward Peter looking a bit mad with a touch of frustration.

"This is all your fault." Her voice stern.

"My fault?" Peter looked taken back and confused.

"None of this would have happened if you had listened to me in the first place!"

"Oh, so you knew this would happen." Peter almost mocked.

"I didn't know what would happen. Which is why we should have left while we still could!"

"Stop it!" Lucy roared above their fighting. They turned to her. "This isn't going to help Edmund." They all took this into consideration.

"She's right." Beaver said, gaining everyone's attention. "Only Aslan can help your brother now." He ended by looking at Peter. Peter looked down and seemed to be fighting with himself.

"Then take us to him." He said, before he looked back at the castle.

The journey down the mountain seemed to be taking more time than up. Everyone slipping and sliding this way and that. The Pevensie moods were gloomy and tired. Robin could match this, but she also had a happy feeling about her. She was going to see Aslan, after a hundred years. She wanted to jump for joy and run in circles around the group, but she knew it wouldn't help the mood, it would just make her look as weird as she is.

Lucy walked beside Robin. Her hand resting on the panther's back for support. Susan and Peter tagged along a short distance behind and Beaver in front. Robin knew the child liked to talk, so she decided it was too quiet and they needed more noise than the silent snow falling down. "You do know, that if Edmund hadn't gone to Jadis, we wouldn't be having you go to Aslan?" She said this in a slight whisper, knowing that Lucy did want to go and see the Great Lion, and that Peter and Susan were only going to get their brother back.

"How?" Asked Lucy, her figures gripping the black fur as she gave a small slip.

"Well, if Edmund hadn't left the dam, we wouldn't have gone looking for him and you would have left back to the Wardrobe." Robin gave a side glance at Lucy as she slipped again.

"Yes, I guess that is true." Robin was going to continue talking, but instead went completely still. From her stopping, it made Lucy slip down again and fall into the snow. "Robin!" She exclaimed.

"Lucy, are you okay!" Peter said as he and Susan came closer.

"Shh...!" The cat hissed, her nose rising to the sky, bring in small wisps of air, along with a scent.

"What is it?" Peter helped Lucy to her feet and stared back up the hill into darkness. Robin lowered her head and turned to the group.

"Wolves." She whispered, before bidding them to run.