(7) LWW: Peter!

"We need to cross, now!" Said the voice of a very familiar male. Peter. Robin had already begun to hear the sounds of breaking ice, but she hadn't realized how close she was, or the fact the Beavers and Pevensie were so close.

"Don't beavers make dams?" The voice of Lucy asked. Robin had now quickened her pace to a pounce ever second.

"I'm not that fast, dear." Mr. Beaver retorted.

"Come on!" Peter commanded. Robin was getting closer, their voices were started to sound less like whispers and more like yells.

"Wait! Will you think about this for a minute?" 'Up, there's Susan.

"We don't have a minute."

"I'm just trying to be realistic."

"No, you're trying to be smart. As usual." His voice gave off the cocky older brother in him. A howling pierced the air and Robin was running dangerously fast. After a moment's silence, Robin heard the cracking ice and yelps of a scared girl.

"Oh, no!" Lucy yelled as more ice broke. Robin slid to a stop right as she hit the waterfall. Staring down she could see Peter holding Lucy close, while Susan tried to balance her way across the ice. Mr. Beaver was in front of them and Mrs. Beaver beside them. Wolves were running across the ice at the top of the falls and some were on the opposite shore already. Farther down below her, Robin could see a few wolves that had taken the trail down.

Thinking fast she jumped over a small gap and landed silently on all fours atop the waterfall. She didn't hear any noise from ice breaking and knew her light weight was helping with that. She followed the last wolf down and then crept to the side out of view.

A wolf held Mr. Beaver down with his teeth, while the beaver struggled to get free. Maugrim stood before the remaining. "Peter!" Lucy cried. Peter looked around frantically, then pulled out his sword.

"Put that down, boy." Maugrim told him. "Someone could get hurt."

"Don't worry about me!" Mr. Beaver exclaimed. "Run him through!" Maugrim simply ignored the beaver and continued his spell of talking.

"Leave now while you can, and your brother leaves with you." Susan looked convinced.

"Stop, Peter!" She yelled. "Maybe we should listen to him!" Maugrim chuckled.

"Smart girl."

"Don't listen to him!" Beaver yelled. "Kill him! Kill him now!"

"Oh, come on. This isn't your war." Maugrim continued. "All my Queen wants is for you to take your family and go."

"Look, just because some man in a red coat hand you a sword, it doesn't make you a hero!" Susan was being very persistent. Yeah, because you are from Finchely, or whatever that place was called. "Just drop it!

"No, Peter!" Exclaimed Mr. Beaver. "Narnia needs you! Gut him while you still have a chance!" Peter looked as if he couldn't pick a side. His eyes shooting from Beaver to Susan. That was when Robin decided to make an appearance. She slowly crept from her hiding place and stood enough out that only her head and shoulders were seen. Peter saw her and looked wide eyed before facing Maugrim again. Get the idea, Peter. Don't trust him.

"What's it gonna be, Son of Adam?" Maugrim asked. "I won't wait forever. And neither will the river." Lucy and Robin looked up at the waterfall to see the water breaking through.

"Peter!" Shouted Lucy. Everyone looked at the falls, and Robin charged. She pushed herself forward and grabbed Maugrim's neck, shoving him to the ground. She quickly regained her composure and stood in front of the children and Mrs. Beaver. Maugrim also stood back up and growled at her. Robin returned it and paced lightly a few steps right then left, as did Maugrim.

"Hold onto me!" Peter yelled and Robin heard the sound of steal hitting something hard, but she dared not look back. A small crack crawled it's way between Robin and Maugrim, drawing a line. Then the waterfall came down and shoved the fighters apart from each other. Robin now looked behind her to see the Pevenise holding onto Peter, holding onto his sword.

Her paws gripped the ice as they floated fast down the river. Her eyes scanned over the water to see Maugrim get out on the shore they had come from. The Beavers swam up and started to steer the floating ice boat. Lucy gave yells every now and then, but Peter seemed to be taking care of it.

Robin could feel her claws slip every now and then, but it didn't seem to be from the water, or the fact that she was hugging an ice block. No. This pain was the pain of her body wanting to morph into her human self, but now wasn't the time, besides it would completely scare Lucy, Susan, and Peter half to death.

With the Beavers help they got the freezing boat to the shore they needed to be on, and everyone piled off...that is everyone but Lucy. Peter came up holding her coat in one hand, and a worried expression on his face.

"What have you done?" Susan asked. Her voice quivered at the end. Peter looked back at the ice block, to see it drifting away...without Lucy. "Lucy!" Susan yelled frantically, looked at the rushing water. "Lucy!"

"Has anyone seen my coat?" Lucy voice called from down the way a bit. Robin spun around so fast, she covered the Beavers with snow. Peter hurried forward and wrapped the drench coat around her, pulling it tight.

"Don't you worry, dear." Started Mr. Beaver. "Your brother's got you well looked after."

"And I don't think you'll be needing those coats anymore." Mrs. Beaver said, turning around and looking at the blooms, blossoming off the cherry and dog wood trees. Everyone stared forward: Robin took lead, Mr. and Mrs. Beaver behind her, hands clasped. The three behind them: Susan, Peter, and Lucy.