(9) LWW: Come on!

Robin sat high over looking the tents and creatures below. The wind blew her wild blonde hair in many directions. Her gaze rested on the far away shore of where she had once stood when Narnia was given to Jadis: Cair Paravel. She visited it many times over the years, but with it's snow covered halls and frozen ocean she never enjoyed her stays.

Someone walking toward her pulled her mind free of those thoughts. "Are you the girl Robin spoke of in her tale to Lucy, when we were going to the Beaver's dam?" Robin chuckled at the way Peter phrased his question, for it was Peter walking over to her.

"Well, in a sense I am still she." Robin answered. She didn't look up but only at the castle. When he didn't answer though, she did look up. He was now dressed in Narnian clothing: brown and black leather, his sword strapped to his side. "You don't seemed as surprised as I expected you to be." She didn't question it, but she knew she'd get an answer. Peter sighed and sat down beside her.

"With all I've seen in the past few days, I'm not sure that anything does." He breathed out a laugh, along with Robin.

"I can see why. We are strange for you humans."

"You said that the creator of Narnia saved you, making you what you are now." Robin nodded. "Then what were you before that?" She sighed, she'd never had to answer this question. Everyone in Narnia knew the answer, so no one needed to ask. But Peter did not know the answer, so she would have to answer.

"I was a human." She looked at him, his blue eyes staring intently as her yellow ones. "Well, I believe I was suppose to be a Nymph of the sea, instead I was created a human. The only reason I know I was most likely suppose to be a sea Nymph is because I can heal myself with water, just a little slower.

"I help Digory and Polly save Narnia from ruin on the same day it was created. Although, whenever I ask why I was created human, he never gives me an answer worthy enough for my question." Peter simply nodded and looked out over the sea. He could see the glimmering white castle high on the rocks. The waves trying to bring it into the sea, made it look mystical from his view point.

"That is Cair Paravel, the castle of the four thrones." The voice came from behind them and belong to none other than Aslan. Peter stood up, his hand laying onto his sword hilt. He looked down at Robin, but she gave no movement of getting up. Instead she crossed her legs over one another and rested back on her hands. "In one of which you will sit, Peter, as High King." Peter looked down, Robin could sense his fear.

"You doubt the prophecy?" She asked.

"No. That's just it." Peter answered. "Aslan, I'm not what you all think I am."

"Peter Pevensie, formerly of Finchley." Answered Aslan. "Beaver also mentioned that you planned on turning him into a hat." Peter looked down at Robin with a smile. Both Aslan and Robin chuckled. "Peter, there is a Deep Magic, more powerful than any of us, that rules over all of Narnia. It defines right from wrong, and governs all our destinies. Yours...and mine."

"But I couldn't even protect my own family." Peter rebutted.

"You've brought them safely this far."

"Not all of them."

"Peter, I will do what I can to help your brother, but I need you to consider what I ask of you. I, too, want my family safe." Aslan now looked down at Robin, who was staring up at him. There was a small silence, not long, but long enough for Robin and Peter to let all they had heard sink in.

Robin sensed it before she heard it. The chill that rose up her back making the hair on her neck stand on end. Then she heard it: the blow of a horn. She was on her feet at the same time as Peter shouted "Susan!" Peter took off with Robin close behind.

As she ran, her make shift bones rearranged into the places for the creature inside of her. Her arms reached to the ground and she was soon running on all fours. As soon as her body was done shifting they were at the stream. Across the water in a tree were Susan and Lucy. Below them three wolves jumped up and down trying to snatch onto Susan's kicking feet.

"Get back!" Peter yelled as he dashed across the stream unsheathing his sword. Robin raced at his heels and grabbed on of the wolves by the back bone with her teeth. She sent them both rolling on the grass and down a small incline to the creek. The wolf jumped up and, before Robin could make a move, landed on her. She felt his teeth sink into her front leg and the screaming pain it sent up to her brain. She gave a roar and with her free legs shoved him off, along with a lot of her skin and blood.

She was mad now and shot up, ignoring the pain, and grabbed at his neck with her canines. She pulled him to the creek bed and held him down by placing one paw on his snot and another on his shoulder below the neck. She didn't release until he stopped struggling. She then allowed her grip to lessen and when he gave no attempt to get up she let go completely.

Her body started to shift back as she was losing strength. She rested her back against the water bank and allowed her body to go human. Her right arm was cut to the bone from below her elbow to the palm of her hand and bleeding out buckets. She cradled it against her chest and pressed on her elbow.

"Come on!" Maugrim shouted angrily as Peter came to the tree with his sword up. The two remaining wolves started to circle around the young man. "We've already been through this before. We both know you haven't got it in you." Every time the other wolf snarled Peter would aim the sword at him, but would then turn it back to Maugrim.

"Peter! Watch out!" Susan called, referring to the other wolf. Peter side glanced at him but turned his attention back to the real threat. The other wolf crouched in his walk around Peter, ready to pounce. When Aslan came up and shoved him to the ground. Oreius, a few of his kin, Minotaur, and a few leopards came up behind the lion. Oreius was ready to kill Maugrim.

"No!" Aslan commanded. "Stay your weapons. This is Peter's battle."

With only one wolf remaining Peter had all his attention on him. Maugrim now paced back and forth in front of Peter. "You may think you're a king," He said. "but you're going to die..." His legs tucked below him and as he jumped up he finished: "...like a dog!" Peter fell back his blade pointing up as the wolf came down on top of him. The girls shouted and jumped from the tree. They both quickly reached Peter's side and pushed the dog off of him. Peter came up panting and shocked. His sister's faces were the first he saw and they quickly pulled each other into a hug.

Aslan released the wolf. "After him." He commanded Oreius and the others. Then turning to the Centaur added. "He'll lead you to Edmund." Oreius nodded and they all took off after the lone wolf.