(17) LWW: Why can't you die already?

Robin had been stuck fighting this one Cyclops for a long while. Glade responded perfectly to her every move. Every time she moved her body the way she wanted to go the horse followed, making fighting much easier. Except for the fact that the Cyclops wouldn't give up, nor give her time to fire an arrow at it, or get close enough to hurt it enough with her sword.

"Grr...why can't you die already?" Robin urged Glade to dodge the club coming down to squash them. He quickly turned tight, making them narrowly miss the spiked club end. "Don't stray too far away, boy." With that Robin jumped off his back and landed on the ground lightly. She pulled in a deep breath as she watched the Cyclops raise the weapon above his head. It gave a toothy grin and sent the club down as hard as it could muster.

Releasing her breath, Robin slid out of the way and grabbed one of the spikes. The stupid beast could not tell if he had crushed her or not, so for the next few seconds Robin had the upper hand. The club was brought back again along with Robin holding tight. As the weapon flew over the beast's head, Robin spun her sword around and released her grip from the spike.

She dropped down on top of the massive head. With both of her hands holding the hilt she brought it down upon the large Cyclops, between it's head and neck armor. There was a twang as the sword strikes through the hard flesh and the massive creature completely stopped moving. It stood motionless and then slowly but surely started falling forward. Robin pulled on her sword but it wouldn't come out. Robin thought fast and jumped off its shoulder and landed with a painful thud, she lost her breath all together.

The Cyclops fell, it's arms sprayed out. Robin was unable to do anything as she tired to re-gain her breath. Her arms lay shortly out from her body, and as the Cyclops came down one of his massive forearms landed on her's. She found her breath and gave out a cry as she felt the bone bend a direction it shouldn't and the pain of the new scar practically opening up, sending blood everywhere.

She gave out another cry as the Cyclops' body became completely dead and it's weight was pushed throughout its whole body. She tried to pull her arm out, but it felt lifeless as it lost blood. With no flowing water source near by, Robin was hopeless of healing herself, and the blood lose was becoming too much.

Her vision was one of the first to go, not fully, but her eyesight started to just show black dots. Even with the half blind sight she could still make out a dark grey figure that came into view. It's long head and pointed ears gave away the fact that it was a horse. "Glade." She whispered. He nodded and touched her head with his muzzle. Robin gave one of her small smiles but it didn't last long before the pain took over again. She gritted her teeth and tried pulling her arm again, which seemed to do nothing but release more blood.

Glade watched her suffer as she closed her eyes and pulled against the weight of the Cyclops. He watched the blood leaking out from where her arm would be under the huge arm. As he watched, he made up his mind and placed his head against the Cyclops' arm. With his hooves planted deep into the ground, Glade pushed. He could feel every muscle in his neck and shoulders argue with him as he shoved.

Robin's hand was now see-able, Glade only had to move the Cyclops' arm a little more, and he did. Robin gasped for breath as the pain was released. She folded her arm against her chest and as she had done by the stream, pushed below the elbow. The pain was almost unbearable. She could tell the bone was not broke but dislodged, so she wasn't worried about that. What she was worried about though was that the cut--that shouldn't have opened--opened and was bleeding out.

Glade pressed his head against her's and gave a small nicker. "Thanks." She forced out, and the horse nodded with another nicker.

Robin knew she shouldn't, but she also couldn't lay around, so she stood up. It felt as if all the pain in the world was upon her as she did though. Her knees wanted to buckle and her mind wanted her to cut her arm off. She grabbed at Glade's mane for support, and he gladly gave it to her. Using Glade she pulled out her sword and replaced it into her sheath. She turned back to her horse, and Robin grabbed the part of the mane at his withers and gave a jump. She kicked her leg over his side and sat upon his back as if everything was fine.

Urging Glade forward she found Peter. "Fall back!" He shouted. "Draw them to the rocks!" Robin watched as all the Narnians raced away from the on coming Witch. Glade reared and she turned him tight and followed after Peter and Oreius. A horn blew telling everyone to get to the rocks.

Once in the rock field arrows flew and killed their targets. One arrow though found a target they hoped would be left alone; Peter. Although it wasn't actually Peter who got shot, nor was it one of the Narniana who shot down his horse and sent Peter flying. But it was Ginarrgbrik the Dwarf.

Robin had to bid Glade jump before crushing Peter under his hooves. He ran a short distance more before Robin turned him around. Robin started forward but not before Oreius and a Rhino went charging past her and Peter, toward the fast approaching Witch. Peter yelled "Stop!" but they wouldn't. They would fight for their true King.

The Rhino died quickly, but Oreius fought on. He killed the general when the Minotaur jumped onto his back and Oreius stabbed him with both of his swords and bucked him off. On Oreius' back rest his long sword. And that sword he used to fight against the Witch, but he soon became a statue for her collection. Robin watched in horror as her old friend collapsed to the ground as stone. The rage building up inside her was moving itself through her to Glade as he felt her muscles tighten and her legs become stiff. He tried to react but she wasn't giving him the freedom too.

Robin sat there cradling her arm and watched as her friends died around her. She hadn't known them all, but it didn't matter, she had known them. The Witch was advancing, but Robin gave it no heed, of course neither was anyone else on Jadis' army giving her any. They seemed to be avoiding Robin all together.

"Edmund!" Peter yelled. His brother looked at him. "There's too many! Get out of here! Get the girls and get them home!" A Minotaur came and started fighting Peter, while Mr. Beaver pulled on Edmund to get him to go.

"You heard him! Let's go!" The beaver called. Edmund followed reluctantly, but when they were up part of the mountain side he looked back. He could see Peter still fighting the beast, and Robin standing with enemies running around her and her mount. He could also see the White Witch approaching too fast for comfort, with a sword and her staff.

Edmund drew his sword. "Peter said get out of here!" Mr. Beaver gave a helpless pull on Edmund.

"Peter's not king yet." Edmund shot back and ran forward. He dodged many attempts to cut him in half and chop his head off. He stopped for a half second on a large boulder where the Witch was passing by. With a bloody sword in hand he jump off the rock and down upon Jadis.

Jadis jumped out of the way as Edmund came flying down toward her. She gave a slight grin and went to turn him to stone. As she drove her staff at him, Edmund side stepped and quickly spun around. He brought his sword down with two hands and drove it through the wand sending out a burst of blue light. The Witch was mad, you could see it in her eyes as she shoved the destroyed staff into Edmund.

Peter watched as his brother fell to the ground, and Jadis threw away her staff, grabbing Edmund's sword. He finished off the Minotaur he was fighting and charged toward her, mind set on revenge.