Chapter 13: Trial

"Now... begin! Ice!"

Aria shoots ice at the floor freezing the bot in place, the ice was black and froze the robot to its core.

"Lightning!"

Aria extended her hand to the sky, bolts of purple lightning came down and strikes different bots, frying them completely.

"Earth!"

Aria slams her hand on the ground creating a giant hole, swallowing up another bot before she closed the hole, crushing the bot.

"Fire!"

Aria creates purple fire in her hand before throwing it at different bots. The fire in her hand turned black, she shot it at a bot and the fire didn't disappear until the bot was burned into nothing.

"Darkness!"

Aria created a dark energy ball in her hand and threw it at an attack robot, completely destroying it.

"Excellent work" Garmadon walks out from the side clapping "You're a fast learner."

"Thank you" Aria wipes her forehead

"Unfortunately, that's not enough" Garmadon tells her

"What?!" Aria shouts "It's been over a year, I've learned everything."

"Not everything, you have yet to unlock your true potential." Garmadon tells her

"Oh, come on, more with this true potential nonsense" Aria whines

"Every elemental master must unlock their potential; it is a ritual." Garmadon tells her "For masters like you and Lloyd you must seek out your respective temples. Lloyd had visited the temple of light to find his, now you must find the temple of darkness."

"Great, where is it?" Aria asks

"I... don't know" Garmadon tells her honestly "Only where it might be."

"Ok... where's that?" Aria questions slightly worried.

"...in the shadowlands" Garmadon replies hesitantly

"The what?" Aria looks confused

-

Aria walked through the dark woods by herself. She was sent to the place called the Shadowlands, a place where her father use to reside during the war. This area of Ninjago was off limits to everyone, it was stained in darkness.

Aria could see a big shadow in the distance and takes a step back "what is that"

The shadowy figure got bigger as it approached her

"I'm not scared" Aria mumbles "I'm not scared"

It lets out a loud roar, Aria backs into a tree as the beast steps into the light of the moon.

"OH, HELL THE FUCK NO" Aria screams as the beast roars

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh" Aria screams as she runs away from the beast "Sensei, you sent me to my death!" she trips and falls "Oh come on! God damn it! this isn't a cliché horror movie!"

She quickly gets up and runs away. Aria soon runs into a cave and smashes the entrance. Bolders cover the opening and the beast shrieks as it tries to get through but can't.

"Phew" Aria wipes her forehead; she uses her fire to make a light and begins to go through the cave.

Eventually she came out on the other side, it was more like a stone tunnel then a cave. In front of her was a dark murky lake. Surrounding the lake was a bunch of rocks and dead trees, in the center of the lake was a bigger rock with an odd shape. She looked up where dozens of crystals shone brightly.

"It's like... dead" Aria looks sad as she looked around at all the trees "no life anywhere"

She looked ahead at the rock in the center, she starts walking through the shallow lake, the water only came up to her knees. Once there she looked around it, the rock was in the odd shape of what seemed like a woman.

Aria sighs and leans against the rock, suddenly the rock glows. The rock cracks in two and a dark beam shot into the sky. She shielded her eyes from the beam until it went away. She slowly stood up to see a black sphere hovering in front of her.

Aria looked around before reaching out and touching it, the sphere transformed into a fan.

"...a fan?" Aria looked confused "He sent me all the way here... for a fan!"

Aria growled and suddenly the fan turned into a katana.

"Ah!" Aria dropped it in shock "...what?" she reached down and picked it up, after she seemed to calm down the katana changed back into a fan, Aria gasped "This! This is my father's weapon!"

Aria remembers when she was little, her mother would tell her endless stories of the countless battles between the Overlord and the First Spinjitzu Master. One in which included the forging of the Overlord's so called ultimate weapon. It was made out of dark matter and would take the shape of one's elemental soul.

An elemental soul it what makes up an elemental master's power. The golden weapons that were forged for the 4 ninjas were forged based on their element's soul and nature. Aria's elemental soul was extremely flexible. She carried the gentle nature of her mother and the overwhelming might of her father's greed. In which her father's weapon was able to take the forms of fans and a katana.

Aria climbed through the top of the cave where their now stood dozens of those creatures from before.

"..well, here goes nothing" Aria jumps down

The creatures howl and charge at her. Aria takes out her father's weapon which took the shape of the black katana. She jumps over the first few and slices through the back ones. One charges for her and she threw an energy ball at it which sent it flying.

"I guess dad came in handy." Aria's eyes glow purple "I'm getting out of here today!"