Chapter 24: Grave Danger

With the help of Aria, Morro made his way safely through the tomb. They were currently stuck on the 3rd riddle. As Aria walked through the maze her reflection kept changing, like it was uncertain of her future.

"Find anything yet?" Morro asks

"Nope, nothing." Aria sighs "Their's a way out, just don't know where."

They heard shouting and hid behind the crystals.

"Sounds like the ninja." Morro growls

"Hm." Aria looks at him "perhaps they can figure out the way."

"Wait a minute, I think I see me" Cole suddenly says and takes a closer look, but it's not him "It's Morro! He's in the maze too!"

Morro appears and swings his sword at Jay.

Jay runs away "Aah! He's attacking an unarmed man!"

-

Aria and Morro stand in front of the hole to the tomb.

"Well, what's the plan?" Aria asks

"We force them to hand over the realm crystal." Morro replies

"Reinforcements are outside, they out-number us." Aria shakes her head "We need a plan."

"I have one." Morro growls

Morro separated from Lloyd's body and grabs him. Lloyd groans in pain and Morro pushes him forward.

"Yeah, I don't see this plan working out." Aria follows after him

Lloyd glances at Aria and she avoids looking at him. The ninja all bow in respect, Zane then takes the realm crystal

"How does it work?" Kai questions

"How it works is you'll hand over the Crystal, or say goodbye to your friend"

The ninja look up and see Morro out of Lloyd's body, holding the sword to him.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't stop him" Lloyd apologizes weakly

"So what'll it be?" Morro asks

"If we hand him the Crystal, he'll usher the reign of his master, cursing Ninjago and every realm" Zane says

"But if we don't, when has he never made good on a threat?" Cole questions "Look at Lloyd. He's too weak to protect himself"

"Ugh, either option totally stinks. What do you think, Kai? What do we do?" Jay asks

"Stop stalling! Give me the Realm Crystal, or else!" Morro shouts

"We're not stalling! We're thinking!" Kai says and the Ninja huddle together "He's totally right, I'm stalling. What are we gonna do?"

"Ugh, this guy really chaps my hide. I swear, when this is all over..." Cole's anger made the ground tremble a bit.

"Now that Morro's out of Lloyd's body, our powers are starting to come back" Zane points out

Jay grunts "yeah, but like Lloyd, they're weak. And we're in no position to fight back"

"Times up!" Morro shouts "You leave me no choice"

"Wait! We'll give you the Realm Crystal!" Kai shouts

Morro laughs, Kai heats up the realm crystal before throwing it. Morro catches it but drops it into a river because it was too hot.

"The Crystal! What have you done!?" Morro shouts and pushes Lloyd into the stream with wind. Aria gasps and looks at Morro.

"Let's go." Morro jumps down

"Lloyd!" the ninja shout

Kai and Cole chases after Lloyd while Zane and Jay goes after Morro and Aria.

Zane freezes the Sword before Morro can stab Jay.  Jay uses his Lightning, but Morro dodges and it hits Zane instead.

"He's about to go over!" Kai shouts.

Suddenly the whole stream begins to freeze in front of Lloyd, Aria jumps down on-top of it and pulls Lloyd out of the water. Morro uses his Wind to grab the Crystal before it fell into the water.

"Princess what are you doing?!" Morro shouts

"Uh not letting my childhood friend die!" Aria replies

"You're such a pain." Morro flies down and picks up Aria

Aria holds onto him as he flies out of the cave.

"Let's go!" Morro calls out to the other ghosts.

The ghosts surrounding the bounty all flew towards him and they made their escape. At Stiix the ghosts prepare to summon their master as Aria sat with Morro.

"I thought you hated him?" Morro asks to break the silence

"I don't hate him.." Aria sighs "I'm disappointed."

"In?" Morro turns to her

"In the fact that he doesn't feel the same." Aria leans against the building's railing "Ever since I was a little girl, it was blatantly clear to my mother that I had a crush on Lloyd. Even when we met again as young adults, my feeling's were confirmed. My childhood friend became someone better then he ever dreamed, and I admire him."

"Yeah, while inside his body I could tell." Morro tells her "He's.. afraid of you, because you're the Overlord's daughter."

"Heh, funny." Aria shakes her head "Up until this point I had done nothing that warrants the term fear, but if all everyone will see is a monster." her eyes glow purple "then I'll make it true."