Chapter 79: Return to Primeval's Eye

At Primeval's Eye, Lloyd slashes his way through the jungle with Aria walking behind him.

"I remember the last time we were here." Aria sighs "You were with my sister."

"Ugh." Lloyd rolls his eyes "Don't remind me."

Aria laughs "Don't like her?"

"No," Lloyd turns to Aria "not at all. She's dead anyway."

"Hm," Aria looks down "I wonder, if my brother is still alive?"

"He is," Lloyd tells her before continuing walking "I saw him, a little beat up, but he's alive."

"Thank goodness." Aria lets out a breath "I was worried about him.. he tried to protect me with his life.. but mom blew up the palace and it collapsed."

"I saw," Lloyd responds "I'm sorry."

"Buildings can be replaced," Aria says solemnly "people can't."

"Did you mean what you said back there?" Lloyd questions "About dying with me?"

"Of course." Aria catches up with him and walks next to him "You're the only person I want to be with in this lifetime, even if I were to die now, I'd find you again in my next life."

"Hide!" Lloyd quickly pulls her into the shades

Above them, the council and Layla search for them on Dragonides.

"What are those things?" Aria questions

"Some kind of dragons?" Lloyd shakes his head

The two peek out again only to see the council and Layla surrounding them. Lloyd grabs Aria's hand and they run away.

"Stop him!" Layla shouts and they chase them

Lloyd stops at a cliff as Aria turns to face the council and her mother.

"Aria honey." Layla speaks "Step away from Lloyd."

"No." Aria holds Lloyd's hand tightly

"We only want you by our side sweety." Layla smiles "Their's no way you'll escape. All your noble ideals and your foolish hopes. What did they get you? Where are your friends now, when you need them most?"

Just then, the Destiny's Bounty rises behind them. Lloyd sees it and smiles.

"The Bounty!" Aria looks happy as well

Wu and Nya stand on the deck of the Bounty.

"Lloyd!" they shout

"No." Layla looks shocked "No! That's impossible!"

"Lloyd! Aria! Come!" Wu calls out 

Lloyd nods to Aria and she jumps across for Nya to catch her and place her on deck. Lloyd leaps and nearly falls, but Nya catches him.

"I got ya!" Nya pulls him up

Lloyd smiles "Nya! Master Wu!"

"Empress are you alright?" Wu asks worriedly, seeing her appearance.

"Yes." Aria nods

"Hang on! We're not in the clear yet!" Wu turns to the dragons

"Wu-ser! You're still alive?" Aspheers laughs.

Wu sees her weapon "Is that the Sword of Fire?"

"What a wonderful surprise!" Aspheera readies her weapon

"If you like surprises, you're going to love this!" Wu holds up his communicator "Zane, are you standing by?

"Affirmative" Zane confirms

"Fire at will!" Wu commands

Zane flies in on his jet and shoots at the villains while Nya fires cannons at the villains. The Mechanic falls from his Dragonide. The heroes soon manage to drive the council away. 

"I told you we'll be ok." Lloyd says to Aria

"Mhm." Aria nods happily

Wu turns and spots the Crystal Island in the sky.

"What is that?" Nya asks

"It's the Overlord." Lloyd replies, turning to her "He's returned."

Wu gasps before talking into his communicator "Cole. Kai. Do you copy?"

"We copy." Cole responds

"We're holding up the jungle perimeter." Kai says "Standing by if you need us."

"Negative. Pull back. All of you!" Wu tells them "We are not ready for this."