Chapter 67: The Ball

"But I don't wannaaa" Aria whines

Across from her, Lloyd sat in thought. Since the last council meeting, Aria has been delaying the ball which countless suitors would attend to attempt to court her. The Councilman however have grown impatient and had begun preparations for the ball while Aria was away at Shintaro.

"I don't exactly like the idea of other men trying to court my girlfriend," Lloyd says before sighing "It would've been easier if we outed our relationship the minute we started dating."

"You're the one who wanted to hide it." Aria looks at him annoyed "You said you didn't want to be in the spotlight of countless speculations as to why the green ninja is dating the Empress!"

"...yeah.. I remember, it was a bad decision." Lloyd admits "But we were engaged before, don't they know that?"

"No, mother kept it hidden." Aria sat back in her chair

"Well, guess I'll just have to attend the ball then." Lloyd smiles "I can't risk losing my precious Empress to some foreigner."

Aria blushes "aren't you worried though?"

"I admit, I was at first." Lloyd answers "After all, it was a lot of pressure to think of myself as the boyfriend of the Empress.. but then I ended up panicking when I thought I would lose you to someone else."

"That's sweet Lloydie." Aria took his hand "I think it's funny, when we were kids you thought all girls were gross, except me."

"You were my best friend, still are." Lloyd interlocks their fingers "you were an exception. Also cause you would cry if I called you ugly."

"Rude." Aria pouts

Lloyd brings her hand up to his mouth and kisses it "Maybe, but you love me."

"I do." Aria smiles "We just gotta find you proper attire for the ball."

"What's wrong with my gi?" Lloyd questions

"You're coming as my boyfriend and possible future husband, not the green ninja." Aria laughs

"Oh!" Hanabusa pops up from the booth behind them

"What?" Aria looks at him annoyed

"Leave it to me, Zero and I will handle Lloyd." Hanabusa explains with a smile

"...alright?" Aria looks confused

"I'm sure it'll be fine," Lloyd assures her

-

A week flew by before they knew it and it was time for the ball.

"Entering, her majesty, Empress Aria of Ninjago!"

The doors opened and everyone bowed, as they all looked up, they were shocked by her beauty.

"Welcome everyone

"Welcome everyone." Aria greets with a smile "Thank you so much for attending."

"Oh my."

"Empress Aria gets more beautiful each time we see her."

"I wish my daughters were as elegant as her."

"Where's Lloyd?" Aria whispers to Hanabusa who took her hand

"He'll be here soon I'm sure."  Hanabusa replies with a smile "Zero's been helping him and the ninja get ready."

Aria sat on her throne as the people danced and enjoyed themselves. The councilman came up to her one by one with their choice for the Emperor candidate.

"Too short."

"Too tall."

"He needs a haircut."

"Is he even a noble?"

Aria, however, had made herself out to be a very picky Empress.

"My Empress."

Aria looks over to see Zero "What is it big brother?"

"Your knight has arrived." Zero smiles

Aria looks over to see the ninja all entering, the ninja look excited to be there. Jay and Nya went off to enjoy theirselves while Kai went to find Skylor. Zane and Pixal went to dance and Lloyd entered the room last.

 Zane and Pixal went to dance and Lloyd entered the room last

Aria blushes and Zero nods in approval. People started whispering about how Lloyd was dressed as a royal.

"In front of the Empress?"

"Is he openly opposing her?"

"What's going on?"

Lloyd made his way up to Aria and bowed before her.

"Empress," Lloyd holds out his hand with a smile "would you honor me with a dance?"

"Of course." Aria takes his hand as she stands

Everyone watched the two in shock as they headed to the dance floor. The two stood in the middle of the floor and begun to dance. People gathered around to watch.

"You know," Aria starts "when Hanabusa said he and Zero would take care of your attire, i didn't think he was going to dress you like this."

"Neither did I." Lloyd replies with a chuckle

"They're gonna talk about this now," Aria says as he brings her close

"Oh well," Lloyd places his forehead against her "they can all know, the Empress is mine."