Chapter 27: Day of the Departed

Aria stared out the window of the carriage, it was the day of the departed. She and her mother were traveling to a secret tomb across Ninjago, it was where her father's tomb was. Aria had never been there before, years before Layla would travel alone to morn her late husband.

Layla seemed to be staring out of the carriage as well, deep in thought. Aria thought it was strange how persistent her mother was on her coming this time.

"Do you know why this day of the departed is special?" Layla asks finally facing her daughter

"it's to honor those who came before us" Aria replies boredly

"Not the holiday itself, I mean today, this year." Layla clarifies

"No," Aria faces her mother "Does it have something to do with why I'm coming?"

"Yes." Layla smiles "The day of the departed is when our realm is closely aligned with the realm of the departed, today is the Yin-Yang lunar eclipse, only on this day can the rift of return be opened."

"The rift of return?" Aria looks confused

"Aria.." Layla takes her hand "My precious daughter, do you trust me?"

"Of course." Aria replies

The two arrive at the tomb and step out. Aria and Layla went inside the forbidden temple while the guards stayed outside. Aria lit up the torches around and was shocked to find in the center was an alter where the body of a man with black hair laid. Layla walked towards it and held his hand.

"Aria." Layla looks at her daughter with a smile "This is your father.. the real him."

"So you didn't fuck a dragon." Aria mutters "Noted."

Aria walks over to her mother and stares at her father.

"He really is handsome." Aria kneels down "I guess I get my looks from both of you."

"When the first spinjitzu master divided the land to stop your father, he separated his spirit from his body." Layla explains "Your father might have been destroyed, but if we just bring back his soul.."

"Mom, no." Aria sighs "We can't do that."

"But.." Layla looks at her "We're a family.. please.. for me."

Aria stared at her mother's pleading face, she sighed and opened her mother's spellbook. Layla stood up and took some steps back. Aria was hesitant before picking up the pendent around her father's neck. She mutters some words and it begins glowing.

Layla watched hopefully as time the room seemed to stop. The eclipse settled in front of the moon as a rift began to form. Soon the eclipse was over and the rift closed.

"Did it work?" Layla asks walking closer to the Overlord

Aria looked at the pendant in her hand before finally putting it back on the Overlord. Layla took his hand as the man's eyes opened.

"Svern Darling?!" Layla smiles

"Layla." the Overlord reaches up and puts his hand on her cheek "I knew you could do it."

"Well, our daughter is brilliant after all." Layla cries

"Don't cry dear." the Overlord wipes her tears and kisses her

"Oh my god get a room." Aria says looking away

The Overlord looks over to his daughter.

"It's been awhile, Aria." he says

Aria looks at him "Hello, father

Aria looks at him "Hello, father."

And now most of you will simp for Svern aka the Overlord.