Chapter 78: The Coming of the King

Guys.. i finished the book, you aren't getting it all tonight.. but it's done. I'm not crying I swear.

-

"Aria dearest," Layla put her hands on Aria's shoulders "you're with your family. You're safe."

"I.." Aria stares at her mother

"You're just confused princess," The Overlord says to her

"Don't listen to them Aria!" Lloyd shouts from his chains "They're trying to corrupt you!"

"The only one corrupting her is you." The Overlord turns to him

"This isn't happening." Lloyd shakes his head "I don't believe it!"

The Overlord laughs "Your grandfather fought me and failed. Your father fought me and also failed. You tried twice, and failed just like your forbearers."

"You know what they say. Third time's the charm." Lloyd responds

"You still hope. Admirable, but foolish." The Overlord turns to the council "Watch as I crush that hope."

The Overlord uses his power to power up the council. A shuriken shoots outward and Mister F catches it. The other shuriken shoots outward and the Mechanic takes it. The other villains receive weapons of their own. Aspheera gets the Sword of Destruction, Vangelis gets the Scythe of Destruction, and Pythor gets the Nunchucks of Destrution.

"Finally, these work!" Pythor holds them up "Thank you, my Lord!"

"You gave them some cute purple outfits. Is that supposed to impress me?" Lloyd questions

"Perhaps this will." The Overlord turns and manipulates the central crystal, levitating the Crystal Temple.

The council bickers amongst themselves as Aria and Lloyd look at each other. Lloyd noticed her eyes were different colors, one pink and one green. Lloyd looks at Layla and the Overlord, Layla's eyes glowed pink while the Overlord's was more of a purple. Lloyd then looked around the temple, Layla's eyes and Aria's one eye was the same color as the crystals powering the temple.

"Witness my power, Son of Garmadon, and see that resistance is useless!" The Overlord puts both his hands on Aria's shoulders, making her jump "Join me. I offer you a chance. Stand by my daughter's side and do my bidding as she does. Refuse, and be destroyed. The choice is yours."

"Thing is, sometimes I like to order off the menu." Lloyd replies gripping his chains "So I'm going with choice number three."

"Choice number three?" the Overlord looked confused

"Escape and live to fight another day!" Lloyd swings on his chain, knocking back the Crystal King and Vangelis. 

The Scythe of Destruction hits the crystal, Lloyd's chains break and he stands up. The Crystal Island tips and everyone tries to gain their balance.

"Aria!" Lloyd grabs a pillar and holds his hand out to her

Aria looks at her parents before running over to Lloyd and he wraps his arm around her waist. 

 "Thanks for hosting the party, guys. But I think I'll be going now." Lloyd says before taking off

Mister F throws his Shuriken of Destruction at Lloyd, but misses.

"Lloyd I-"

"You don't need to explain anything right now!" Lloyd says "We need to get out of here!"

"The crystals corrupt people" Aria tells him "I-"

"I know, I see your eye." Lloyd stops for a second and looks at her "But I still see my Aria, as long as you keep fighting, so will I."

"What if I turn on you?" Aria asks as her eyes fill with tears "I don't wanna hurt you."

"I know." Lloyd smiles to her "That's why I'm not letting you go. Let's find a way out of here."

"Ok." Aria holds onto his hand

The two make their way through the temple to find an exit.

"Where the heck are we?" Lloyd questions "Why do mysterious temples have to be so mysterious?"

"I think they're supposed to be hard to escape." Aria says

Aspheera suddenly turns the corner "Where exactly do you think you're going? We're floating up into the sky! And last I checked, ninja can't fly!"

Lloyd lets go of Aria's hand before sending Aspheera flying with Spinjitzu.

"No, but snakes can!" Lloyd grabs Aria's hand again before running away

-

The two soon find themselves surrounded by the council.

"Somehow, it's fitting that this would come down to you and me." Pythor says

"And me." The Mechanic moves closer

"And me." Vangelis adds

"No! You chaps just ruined a really dramatic one-on-one moment!" Pythor says annoyed "Phooey."

"Okay, look. I know you all have new weapons and powers and everything seems great." Lloyd backs up with Aria "But trust me, the Overlord is bad news! For all of us! He will destroy everything!"

"Ha, except us! That's why we joined him, genius!" the Mechanic laughs

"And why did you think it was a good idea to run off with his daughter?" Aspheera questions

"Yeah, she's on our side." Pythor agrees "You aren't exactly the brightest ninja are you?"

"Aria's not on your side!" Lloyd argues

The council all throw their weapons at Lloyd. He picks up Aria before jumping in the air evading them, and the weapons collide and knock the villains back with a shockwave. Lloyd then turns to run.

In a hallway, Lloyd is attacked by a Vengestone Guard. The mouth of the temple opens and Lloyd nearly falls off, Aria quickly grabs his hand and pulls him up.

"Running won't do you any good." Pythor says as he and the council approaches

"Stay back!" Aria stands in front of Lloyd, protecting him

"Step out of the way Princess." Aspheera slithers closer "Unless you want to join him."

"I'd rather die with him," Aria says "then live as the Overlord's daughter."

"Aria," Lloyd says from behind her "can you still turn into a dragon?"

"I don't know." Aria replies

"Then, let's hope we live to fight another day." Lloyd wraps his arm around her waist

"From this height, you'd never survive!" Pythor shouts

"I'd gladly die with her," Lloyd says smiling down to Aria "after all, she's just as crazy as me."

"Tell my father something for me." Aria looks at the council

"What?" the Mechanic looks confused

"Suck it." Aria slicks her tongue out at them

Lloyd falls back from the temple with Aria in his arms.

"yeet!" Aria shouts

Lloyd holds Aria on-top of him as they fall into water miles below them. He quickly pushes Aria up onto the river bank, she grabs ahold of the edge and pulls Lloyd up. Lloyd laughs as the two lay on the bank, catching their breath.

"What?" Aria questions

"Yeet?" Lloyd laughs "you haven't said that in years."

"Well.." Aria laughs as well "I'm crazy aren't I?"

Lloyd reaches over and moves her wet hair out of her face "Yep, you're my Aria."