Chapter 40: True Potential

The Ninja's are celebrating at Laughy's. Jay, Cole, Kai, Zane, and Nya are singing the Weekend Whip while Aria and Zero were sitting at a table with little Wu laughing at them.

"That must be a strange sight. To see someone you've known for so long suddenly look so young" P.I.X.A.L says

"He always had a young soul. At least he's happy" Misako replies

P.I.X.A.L looks at Lloyd, who isolates himself from everyone "Not everyone is happy"

Misako walks to Lloyd "You cared for her, didn't you?"

"I did" Lloyd replied then looked at Aria "But not as much as the one I already have, so it doesn't matter"

Misako put her hand on his shoulder "It mattered to you. Bruises go away. Bones break and heal. But getting your heart broken? Take time to mourn, but don't let it destroy you. If you bury what's good about you beneath a hard shell, you'll turn out no better than Harumi"

Lloyd looked at the tv "Dareth, cut the music"

He did

"What is it, Lloyd?" Misako asks

"Look" Lloyd points to the TV.

Gayle On TV "...where an assailant rammed a stolen garbage truck into the front of it. I am hearing word it was a jail break. A prisoner was freed from custody ...Okay. I'm getting verification the prisoner that was freed was the recently-apprehended Jade Princess, Princess Harumi. Security footage caught the two on video" A clip shows Harumi and Garmadon

Lloyd shook his head "That...That's impossible"

"Could be anyone" Kai suggests

Aria looks down at her hand and created a small energy ball "It's weaker"

"Aria stopped the ceremony" Lloyd looked at her "didn't you?"

"I have my mother's spellbook, they shouldn't have been able to complete it," Aria replies taking out her book

Jay laughs nervously "I'm telling you that's not him. If that's Lord Garmadon, heh, I'm Lord of the Jig"

Officer On TV "That's-That's when she said "Kneel before Lord Garmadon."

"Ah, okay. That's definitely him" Jay says

Cole looks at him "You better start jiggin"

"Misako, can you find a place to keep Wu somewhere safe?" Nya questions

"I have a corner pad on the east side. You two can make it your own" Dareth offered

"yes thank you Dareth" Misako replies picking up Wu

"Alright let's get to work" Kai says

"Are you alright sissy?" Zero asks worried

Aria looked paler then before and the room was dizzy.

"We need to go." Aria takes Zero's hand and rushes out of the room

-

"He's going to come for me." Aria says

"Are you sure?" Zero asks as he closes the doors of their family's old manor.

"Two dark lord's can't exist at the same time," Aria tries to steady her breathing "One of us need to be defeated."

"Then we run," Zero suggests "You can't be defeated if he can't find you."

"We can only hope." Aria sighs

As Aria closed her spellbook she looked on the tv to see Lloyd arriving at Kryptarium prison to fight Garmadon, alone. They were broadcasting it across the world.

"Lloyd no you idiot" Aria quickly ran outside "I need to get to him"

"You can't!" Zero grabs her hand "We just said he's going to come for you."

"I'd rather be defeated today, then let Lloyd die." Aria tells him

"Love was mother's downfall," Zero says "Don't let it be yours too, or you'll be no more then a fool."

Aria shakes her head "Then I will die no better then a fool."

-

Garmadon starts fighting Lloyd, even as he tries getting through to his father. The fight is long and brutal, with Lloyd being heavily overwhelmed by his father. Empowered by the fight, Garmadon starts to unlock his True Potential, and fires destructive energy blasts to cripple Lloyd. After being thrown into the prison's locker room, Lloyd puts up a final fight against his father, but is thrown through numerous brick walls.

Lloyd looked up at Garmadon "You wouldn't hurt me. Your son"

"I have no son" Garmadon throws Lloyd out of the prison.

Harumi laughed evily "Let him live to see his father's reign. Gather everyone. We ride to the city at dawn. It's time Ninjago meets their new emperor. Emperor Garmadon"

Lloyd looks up a bit to see a dragon land near him, when it disappeared he saw Aria running toward him. Aria looked up at the prison at Garmadon and Harumi. He saw her eyes glow purple and he grabbed her hand weakly.

Aria wrapped her arms around him "It'll be ok, the ninja are on their way"