Chapter 65: Strike Back

Aria opens her eyes to see a ceiling lit by crystals. She sits up slowly and looks around the room, there was a lit fire and she was on a bed.

"You're awake."

Aria turns to see her mother smiling at her.

"Mother!" Aria rushes up to hug her

"Careful dearest you could fall over." Layla laughs as she hugs her daughter

"I was so worried about you." Aria looks up at her "Everyone thinks you died in the fire."

"Of course, that's what I wanted." Layla replies "Your father and I are working on a special project right now, it can't be disrupted."

"What do you mean?" Aria asks confused

"Well, the people of this realm won't openly accept your father as the ruler, precautions are being taken." Layla explains with a smile "You're doing a good job keeping everything under wraps until then."

"Mother.." Aria takes a step back "What happened between you and dad?"

"Nothing to be worried about darling." Layla holds her hand out to her "Of course you'll still be our precious princess, you're apart of the crystal council already. The necklace your father gave you on your birthday is proof of that."

"W-what?" Aria shook her head, not believing that was her mother "Mom what are you talking about? What's the crystal council? What is dad planning?"

"All will be revealed in time darling," Layla says before she disappeared into darkness

"Mom!" Aria called out

"Just know dearest," her mother's voice echoed in the room "the time of Ninjago is over, from it's ashes the Crystal Empire will rise, with it's Crystal King."

"Mother!" Aria called out again only to be met with the sound of her own echo

Aria held the crystal necklace in her hand, confused by her mother's words.

-

Aria travels down into the caves and passes many skeletons. She makes her way towards where she and Cole first found the Skull Sorcerer. All the Geckles and Munce are enslaved and forced to mine. The Re-Awakened show no mercy and whip anyone for slacking off. The ninja except for Cole are encaged in Vengestone.

Aria ducks lower when she sees the skull sorcerer fly out towards the ninja.

"Hahaha" the Skull Sorcerer laughs "That's the spirit, but unfortunately, there is no hope. I have decided a demonstration is needed to show my true power over this mountain"

"What kind of demonstration?" Kai asks

"For too long, the Geckles and Munce have resisted my rule. But when they witness your destruction..." Skull Sorcerer laughs

Skull of Hazza D'ur: Destruction!

"When all hope is lost..."

Skull of Hazza D'ur: Lost

"They will submit" Skull Sorcerer finishes

"What are you gonna do to us?" Jay asks worried

"You'll perish at the talons of Grief-Bringer" Skull Sorcerer replies

Skull of Hazza D'ur: Grief-Bringer!

"Okay, that's getting annoying" Nya says annoyed

"Yeah, I don't know who to look at, you or the skull" Kai agrees

"I'm looking at the skull, it's not as ugly. Hahaha!" Jay laughs

"Silence!" Skull Sorcerer shouts "Enjoy your final moments of levity"