Chapter 33: The Mask of Deception

It's been 2 years since Master Wu has gone missing and the ninja have been together. They were reported to be across ninjago doing various missions.

"Sissy!" Zero runs out into the courtyard.

Servants where running everywhere and Layla was making a fuss about everything.

"That's the wrong flower!" Layla shouts "Are you trying to ruin the arrangement?!"

Harumi, Richard, and Aria all stood by as the Empress continued nitpicking at all the decorations.

"Did I miss something?" Zero asks approaching Aria

"Mother has lost it." Aria replies

"It is Aria's coming of age Ceremony" Richard tells him "The Empress wants to ensure everything goes right for our youngest princess."

"Mhm.. what's a coming of age ceremony?" Zero asks

"It's a ceremony or celebration held when a young girl reaches the adult age of 20." Harumi explains "When a princess reaches the age of 20 it's a huge festivity for all of Ninjago to attend, it's also when we receive our titles. For example, I'm the Jade Princess."

"...mhm.. I was asking my sister." Zero says and turns to Aria "So my little sister is finally becoming an adult."

"Yeah but mother won't tell me what my title is." Aria sighs

"Believe me princess, it will be a grand one." The Emporor smiles

"My ceremony aside," Aria looks at him "How did the Dragon Day celebration turn out?"

"It was well, interesting." The Emporer responds

"It was dissapointing!" Layla turns to them "Six masked members who call themselves the Sons of Garmadon infiltrate Borg Tower and stole the Oni Mask of Vengeance!"

"An Oni relic?" Aria asks "I thought they were well protected."

"They're supposed to be." Layla huffs "One is in the palace and I refuse to let them ruin my daughter's big day!"

"Relax my dear," Richard places a hand on her shoulder "I have sent Hutchin's to employ the ninja, nobody will disturb the ceremony."

"They better not." Layla walks off to direct the servants

-

The Ninja eventually grouped up where Lloyd joins them.

"Hey, there he is. You're late" Kai called out

"Kai was late too, if it is any consolation" Zane comments

"Thanks for meeting me here. It's been a while since we've all been under one roof" Lloyd says in a deeper more mature voice, Nya giggles while Cole nudges Jay. Lloyd looks confused "What?"

"Are we gonna talk about it?" Jay asks

"Talk about what?" Lloyd questions

Cole smiled "Your voice, it's—"

Zane changed to a deep voice "Lower"

"Sounds like our little Ninja's growing up" Kai laughs

"well I am almost 20" Lloyd says

"Yeah leave him alone" Nya sighs "Any word from your mother?"

"Not since she went searching for Master Wu. I don't know where she is" Lloyd replies

"She'll come back, Lloyd. And so will Wu." Cole says

Lloyd shook his head "Not everyone comes back, Cole. But that isn't why I called you here. I called you because of this" He shows them the logo he saw on the parachute.