Chapter 68: Seabound

"So once again you have failed." Aria states staring down all the ninja

The ninja all stood in front of her looking down. The ninja had returned a week ago from doing who knows what at some island. The group had been doing various missions, but have failed to catch even one criminal.

"You failed to catch just a common criminal" Aria continues looking sympathetic towards the ninja "not to mention all the damage that water tornado did to the village."

Nya stays quiet and looks even more disappointed.

"Well uh" Cole speaks "we found out what was in the trucks.. it was vengestone"

"Vengestone!?" Aria sighs and covers her eyes "That makes me even more worried,"

"It was our negligence that allowed Miss Demeanor to get away" Lloyd says "it won't happen again, i swear."

"Guys, I'm not trying to sound harsh, but this time it caused more harm then good." Aria explains "Maybe you should consider retiring?"

"What?!" the ninja all freak out

"Guys, you went away to an island without even telling me." Aria lectures "I had to send my knights out to deal with the criminals while you were gone, it seriously put me back on what i was doing."

"Well, maybe we could help you." Zane suggests

"It's not something you can help with, it's.." Aria sighs "A family matter."

"Aria listen," Lloyd takes a step forward "as for the village we will repair it, and as for Nya's issue we'll get to the bottom of it so these accidents won't happen again. And if you need help, just ask us."

"Alright" Aria sighs "your dismissed"

The ninja all let out a breath of relief and started heading out. Lloyd takes one look at Aria before following his team out the door, she looked exhausted.

A couple days later Lloyd enters the throne room where Aria sat in her throne once again, waiting for him.

"What did you want Lloyd?" Aria asks yawning

"Sorry for waking you honey," Lloyd says "I just needed to get your permission to leave, we're going on a journey to find out what's wrong with Nya's powers. I didn't want to leave without telling you."

"Yeah sure" Aria waves him away "just don't leave the city completely unguarded, leave at least one or two here. I have something important i gotta do.

"Of course" Lloyd bows "thank you"

"You don't gotta bow to me dummy." Aria smiles "we're dating, remember."

"I know." Lloyd smiles before looking worried "You should get some sleep soon."

"I know." Aria waves him off again "Get going."

"See you soon." Lloyd waves to her before running out

-

A couple days later, the ninja had returned, Cole was the only one meeting Aria.

"Hey cuz" Cole greets

"So you're the messenger this time?" Aria questions walking over to him

"Sorta, can you give me a ride to Shintaro?" Cole asks

Aria looks confused "the ninja just returned from the sea and you want to go to Shintaro?"

"Yeah, I need Vanya to protect something for me" Cole explains "so could you-"

"fine" Aria turns to Hanabsua "I'll be back"

The two walk outside where Aria transforms into a dragon and looks at Cole.

"Ooo the Empress is escorting me herself" Cole chuckles "I feel honored"

Aria blows smoke at him and he coughs before laughing.

"ok ok" Cole climbs onto her back "let's go"

Once Cole is steady Aria takes off flying, she roars as she soars through the sky. They soon arrive at Shintaro, where they are greeted by the guards and Vanya. Cole climbs down.

"Oh my gosh" Vanya squeals "It's a fully grown dragon, it's black scales are so pretty and they glisten in purple, it's so cool"

"Vanya" Cole laughs "that's Empress Aria."

"Is it?" Vanya looks confused

Aria rolls her eyes before she transforms back into her human form.

"Empress Aria!" Vanya shouts surprised "..oh right you were that black dragon fighting the Grief Bringer"

"Yeah, Aria and I are cousins" Cole explains

"Oh, right" Vanya bows "Thank you, for visiting."

"Yes" Aria bows as well

"Well sorry to have to cut my visit short, but I need you to protect something for me" Cole tells Vanya

"sure what is it?" Vanya asks

Aria glances out at the city as Cole and Vanya hide the Storm Amulet in the vault.

"Seal the vault and double the guard, Hailmar" Vanya commands

"Yes, my queen. But, what is it?" Hailmar asks

"Something that must never see the light of day again" Cole replies

After saying their farewells,  the two leave and head back to Ninjago where they went their separate ways.

"How many more are left?" Aria asks Hanabusa as they walk through the halls

"Not much more my lord" Hanabusa replies

"Only about 32" Kaname informs her

Aria sighs "alright, back to work"