Chapter 2 - A Different Point of View

Kayla P.O.V.

Well, of there's one thing I had to say, it would be,

fuck.

What the actual hell!? What are those...creatures? They are robotic and have...fur? Anyway, I guess I should try and do something instead of having an internal monologue, those things are in my friggin classroom!

I jumped at the window, going outside. It worked, but my foot got stuck. So I face planted on the dirt. I got up to my feet, and saw more of those things! They fired at me, and I just barely managed to dodge them.

I ducked in a bush, and found a pretty sharp stick. The creature went in the bush, probably trying to find me. I thwacked it in the head, and it stumbled back.  The stick broke though, so that sucks...

I ran out of the bushes and went behind a tree. I saw bullets fly past, I need to get moving, but not die at the same time! As i leaned on the tree, I realized that it wasn't very sturdy, because of the shots. When I heard they were close, I pushed it.

The tree fell onto 2 of them, great! I saw more coming in! Not so great! I ran as fast as I could, out into the streets! I need to warn-my phone! Of course, I'm such and idiot! I take my phone out of my pocket, and dial the police.

911: 911 what's your emergency?

Kayla: ROBOT CREATURES WITH FUR ARE ATTACKING US AT MY SCHOOL!

911: Ha ha very funny. Ma'am, if you don't have an actual-

Kayla: I'M NOT LYING! PLEASE, HELP!

911: Listen ma'm, there are people who need ACTUAL help. You're not doing anything useful.

Kayla: BUT...!

911: Fine, I'll send someone to check up on you. Prepare yourself for a lecture, young lady.

*click*

Man, what's with that lady? Sure, the idea of alien creatures sounds preposterous, but she didn't have to sound so condescending, jeez.

Now's not the time to worry about that, I need to get out of here! I made my way down to my house, I have to tell my parents! I...! The battery ran out. How CONVINIENT.

Okay, but what about Matthew? I can't go back to the school, those things are still there! Oh, I hope he's alright...

25 minutes later

I make it to the street my house is, I stop for a minute to catch my breath.

*BOOM*

What the- They're here! The strange robots are here, fantastic!! Out of the smoke they came, and behind a fence I went. I cover my mouth with my hands, trying to not make a sound.

I heard firing, and then some screams. If this keeps up, the people here will...die. I grab a rock, and throw it at one of them. I heard a small clink, meaning I hit my target. One went away to try and search for who did that, but there were still 2 left shooting. It would be too risky for another throw, but at least I gave the people a higher chance of surviving.

What now!? They will find me for sure! I start to panic, as I hear them get closer and closer.

Then, I hear a...car starting? I peek out, and see a truck coming out of a house. 

They shoot at it, but the truck still stands

They shoot at it, but the truck still stands. It then rams into one of them, and I realize how to escape. I jump and grab onto the door handle, lifting me up in the air, holding on to dear life on this moving truck. I heard a click, and the door flew open. 

I drag myself into the truck, and close the door, as I see has several holes in it.

Bryan: Hey, are you okay?

My neighbor, Bryan!

Bryan: Boy, am I glad to see a familiar face

Kayla: You tell me! What on Earth is going on!?

Bran: Isn't it obvious? We're being attacked by aliens.

Kayla: I mean more information! Where did they come from!? Why are they attacking us!?

Bryan: And how am I supposed to know?

Kayla: Well...! Actually, you make a good point.

After a while of awkward silence, I decided to break it.

Kayla: So...where are we going?

Bryan: I'm going to pick up my buddies. One should be...10-15 minutes away.

Kayla: Sounds like a pla-MOM! DAD! I completely forgot! Bryan, we have to go back! They could be in danger!

Bryan: No can do kiddo. We need to go somewhere NOT infested with those monsters.

Kayla: B-But...

Bryan: Your parents wouldn't want you to get in danger, would you?

Kayla: No...you're right...anyway, what if those things are at your friends place.

You see him bite his lip, and let out a sigh.

Bryan: Then we'll just go to my next friend.

Kayla: And if they all have those monsters!?

Bryan: You're so optimistic.

Kayla: Ha ha. Wait, why don't you just call them?

Bryan: Just 5 minutes ago, the internet crashed. I can't contact anyone.

Kayla: Great, just what we need. Anyway, we should have something to defend ourselves with.

Bryan: I keep a bunch of junk in here, pretty sure you can find something useful.

I get up from the chair and into the back of the truck. There's all sorts of nicknacks here...action figures, basketball cards, pillows, actual garbage, a baseball bat-aha!

I grab the bat, it's a bit worn out, but I'm sure it can do some damage. But what about Bryan? Hm...let's see...

A science poster, small wheels, a...large wide piece of rusty metal?

Kayla: Bryan, how do you feel about using a large piece of metal in battle?

Bryan: Good for blocking attacks, and can hit pretty hard.

Okay, got our weapons in check. What about supplies? A bar of chocolate, ew. Although, Matthew does like these...no, now isn't the time to think about that stuff. 2 cans of baked beans. A half empty packet of tortillas, and 3 empty water bottles.

Bryan: We're nearly there.

Kayla: Great, maybe they can bring more supplies.

*thud*

Kayla: Uh...what was that?

Bryan: Kayla, I think there's something there.

Piercing through the back of the truck, I see...claws.

Shit.