Chapter 4 - Reunion

Kayla P.O.V.

Things weren't going that well. We managed to pick up one of Bryan's friends, Fredrick, but the rest were...dead, those monsters got there before us. 

Kayla: So with only 3 of us, what do we do now?

Fredrick: I dunno, why are you asking me?

Kayla: I don't see YOU doing much.

Fredrick: I brought a supply of food!

Kayla: You brought 3 boxes full of marshmallows.

Fredrick: We'll never go hungry again!

Kayla: But we may not need it! If the police or government-

Fredrick: I don't think that's an option. Just before the internet got cut out, I heard that the whole military went on the offense with all their units and attacked those creatures. And look, those creatures are still here, and not a single officer in sight. What do you think they did to the military, hm?

Kayla: So the government isn't an option, that stinks. But where are we driving exactly?

Bryan: No clue, I'm just going somewhere not infested with those things.

Kayla: Are you-well okay, we should-

Bryan: Hang on, is that...a person?

Looking out the window, I see an actual breathing person. This girl looked to be around 18 - 20 years old. The car slows down, and we go out.

Bryan: Hey, who are you?

???: I found survivors, thank goodness! Let's get in your truck, and follow my directions when driving. I know a safe place.

Kayla: *whisper* Should we trust her? 

Fredrick: *whisper* Not like we have a choice. We'll just be sitting ducks in that truck if we go to who knows where.

We all went back in the truck, and Bryan went the direction the strange girl indicated along the way.

10 minutes later

We're near the forest. We got out and followed the girl, all of us bringing supplies, heading into the forest.

Kayla: What's your name? I don't just want to call you "girl" all the time.

Tricky: Of course! Sorry, must have sounded pretty shady. I'm Tricky.

 I'm Tricky