Chapter 6 - Executing and Planning

Jonathan P.O.V.

Well, yesterday was eventful. We found Kayla and 2 other people. Damn, why did Kayla have to survive? I wish anyone else survived in her place. But I can't think about that, one more person is good in order to face our true enemy.

Those fucking creatures.

They think they can waltz right in and RULE this world? Fat chance, NOBODY is the boss of me, those monsters need to know their place. Today, we start the plan.

A whole lot of protogens are out now, looking for us I assume. We had to be extra sneaky in order to not be seen. These people mustn't slow me down. They're so insignificant I haven't even bother learning their names.

???: I don't like this. So many dead bodies...

Jonathan: Whining about it isn't gonna change anything, so shut your trap.

???2: Hey, what's your deal?

Jonathan: My DEAL is that complaining ain't gonna solve this situation, let's get a move on.

15 minutes later

We arrived at the base. Only 2 creatures in sight. I gave a signal, and we ambushed them, knocking them out with rocks. Looking through the window, the entrance leads to a square room with many chairs, and many enemies. 

Going to the side, we see an office of sorts, thankfully empty. We broke the window, although it took a while. These windows are surprisingly sturdy.

Entering, we leaned against the wall if we heard anything. A few footsteps, and then they sounded more and more distant. I heard nothing, so the coast was clear. Peeking out, nobody in sight, good.

We went out into the hallway, and went into another room when we heard more footsteps. The room was a...supply closet. We saw up on the shelf, a ventilation duct.

Jonathan: How about we climb in there, and use it to find an armory or someplace they store their weapons. I doubt that we can stay hidden out in the open forever.

Not waiting for a response, I climb up the shelf, and use a nearby screwdriver to unscrew the screws. Thankfully, the vents were very big, so we could fit through them. It was however dark, and only light came through other vents.

7 minutes later

Jackpot. We were there, the armory. Entering, me and one other person fell into the room. Wait...

Jonathan: What happened to the other guy?

???: I dunno, I thought he was right behind us.

There was no sound or anything. That meant...

Jonathan: The idiot got lost. Let's grab some weapons and get out of here.

???: B-But we can't just leave him! We can still-

Jonathan: If you can't keep up, then you get left behind.

I grab a gun off a shelf, and some ammo too.

Jonathan: If you wanna go back, your loss. I'm gonna go blow this place up now. So either you help me place this dynamite, or-

Before I could even finish my sentence, I heard a row of bullets. I saw the guy I was just with get multiple bullet holes. A row of blood, and he fell to the ground.

Oh no...THEY FOUND ME! I shot the one who fired the bullets, and the creature fell to the ground. It didn't move, so hopefully-

Speaker: ATTENTION ALL PROTOGEN! THERE ARE HUMANS IN THIS BASE, SEARCH AROUND AND KILL THEM!

Crap crap crap what do I do!? There aren't any windows, how do I-the explosives. Of course! I placed some dynamite next to the wall, and lit it up. I covered my ears, and waited for it to blow.

*BOOM*

I successfully create an opening, and I ran out. I couldn't grab more things, to risky for me. Some shots fired my way, but I made it to the forest in time.

After running for a bit, I hid inside a dead log. I held my breath.

I heard more footsteps, much faster. I stayed in there until I was sure the coast was clear. Getting out, I made my way back to base.

Kayla P.O.V.

I can't believe we were all sent on scouting duty. I proposed we split the dynamite, so we can destroy 2 bases at once, but Jonathan kept complaining that it was his, and that we'd mess it up.

Right now, I was with Bryan, Fredrick, Tricky, and a guy named Dean.

Jonathan, and 2 other people went on their little mission, while we were stuck roaming around the area, trying not to be seen by those THINGS!

Kayla: I'm so bored! We should be doing something to fight back AGAINST those monsters, not go around aimlessly.

Fredrick: Me too. Although we may find someone who survived, I don't think it is necessary for this many people.

Tricky: Actually, there is...un, one reason.

Kayla: What is it, Tricky?

Dean: You see, Jonathan woke us up earlier than the others, and said to "look out" for you, that you could be spies.

Fredrick: I'm sorry, what the actual fuck!?

Tricky: Yeah, I mean what's his deal? It was obvious that he has a vendetta against you Kayla, and trying to turn us against you.

Dean: And he's been acting like he's all mighty, and I'm getting sick of it.

Bryan: Knew there was something wrong with that kid...but what else can we do? We don't have the materials to do anything.

Kayla: But we can. What if we infiltrate a base, get weapons and supplies, and get out. We then attack from the shadows, and eliminate them one by one.

Fredrick: Don't forget, this crisis is happening all around the world. Even if we manage to kill every single one of them here, they can just attack us again and again.

Kayla: So are you suggesting that we stay hidden and let JONATHAN do all the work? I doubt he can pull this off on his own.

Tricky: I agree. We have to do something. We can at least defend ourselves if we're armed.

Dean: And if there are other surviving humans out there, and we all eliminate them where we'e from, then their numbers could be reduced significantly.

Bryan: I can't live with myself if I know I could've done something, and I didn't.

Fredrick: Alright, but it won't be easy. This journey will be long and boring.

Kayla: If it's boring, then how about this. After all of this is over and life goes back to normal, and whoever has killed the most of those monsters wins the bet.

Bryan: What bet?

Kayla: The bet we're creating now, duh! I bet 50$ and my Taco Bell gift card.

Dean: Well I bet my collection of rare action figures!

Bryan: My old car!

Fredrick: 5 bucks.

Tricky: Um...all my silver wear?

Kayla: Then it's a deal! Let's go!

It feels good to motivate the others. But more importantly...I'm gonna win that bet! 

Kayla: Wait a sec, where is the other base?

Tricky: It should be that way.

*Tricky points with her finger*

Kayla: Lead the way!

With our spirits high, we follow Kayla to the monster's base. We will fight back, no matter the cost.