Chapter 8 - Issues

Maya P.O.V.

Well, that was annoying. Zircon was berating me about upsetting his pet, but then after a few minutes, calmed down and just told me not to do it again.

The thing is, Zircon can never stay angry. So whenever he is, he blows his steam off almost right away.

But what do I do now? I guess I can keep patrolling, since I can't go back to my apartment at the moment.

After a while, it was starting to get boring. Walking down the streets gets pretty old...

30 minutes later

Well well welly well well, what do we have here? Those leaves are covering something. I pulled them off to see...a van. Bingo. Someone told me earlier that humans were driving this thing.

I slowly went up the the window, and entered, smashing the glass. I was prepared to cut up someone, but nobody was inside. The truck had a few useless things on the back, almost as if...

They took all the important stuff out. But where could they have gone?

*BAM*

In a fraction of a second before that shot, I heard movement. I just barely rolled out of the way.

Well, I took out my pistol and shot back, taking cover behind the truck.

I saw a figure scurrying away, and I gave chase. Finally, something interesting is happening!

I kept following the footsteps, but the figure was still out of reach. After a while of running, the figure came to a cave, and I followed them into it. I made my way to the end, and...there was nobody there.

Just a couple of pillows, some wrappers, and...2 boxes of marshmallows? What-

*BOOM*

I look at the source of what sounded like a bomb, and found it came from the ceiling. Why would OH SHIT!

I ran out as fast as I could, as if I didn't, I would be caved in.I felt tiny pebbles drop on my head, as large boulders fall behind me. A boulder was about to land on me, but I slid out of the way.

I made it! I made it...that BITCH almost got me killed! Oh, when I get my paws on them, I'll DODGE THE BULLET!

*BAM*

Without hesitation, I shot at where the sound came from, and I heard a cry. Running up, I see a teenage human boy, wearing a hoodie and beanie.

I shot again, but the got out of the way, and tacked me!

I let go of my weapon because of the shock, but I clawed him hard on his back.

I then kicked him away, as he fell on the floor. I went closer, and raised my claws to deliver the final blow!

But he blocked with his hand, and I cut off 3 of his fingers. I went for another slash, but he hit it off, and lit up a piece of freaking dynamite. I jumped out of the way, and so did he in the other direction. The explosion almost got to me, and when the smoke cleared, the human was no longer in sight.

Fuck, he got away.

I heard more footsteps behind me, and some protogens arrived. Guess they heard all the commotion.

Maya: *mumble* He got away. Search for him, he might be close.

They all nodded, and we all went to search for him. But after a while, nothing.

He almost caved me in, and I didn't even get my revenge properly. I hope he dies from blood loss.

Jonathan P.O.V.

Fuck fuck fuck shit shit SHIT! What do I do now, I AM MISSING 3 OF MY FUCKING FINGERS.

It took all the will in me not to scream in pain, as they might find me if I do. I grabbed some antibiotics and bandages that I got from the cave, and applied them to myself. God, it hurts like hell.

After a while of excruciating pain

There, all b-better...it still hurts, I should see a medic...if there are any still around.

I should b-brush it off, I need to get moving. They know about my base, and that's a problem. And I lost an entire box of marshmallows fighting that one creature.

When I saw it meddle with that dumb truck, I thought it was easy prey. But...DAMMIT, I was to reckless. But it doesn't matter.

Now the problem is the others. They haven't returned yet, so I'm sure those bastards left to to play duck duck goose or something. Bah, what do I do now? Maybe I can run into them if I walk around aimlessly, because I'm sure those idiots don't know where they're going.

Or maybe...I can run away? Maybe I'll run into more competent people in another town. My options aren't looking to good right-

*WHACK*

Jonathan: Ugh!

I fell to the ground, as something hit me behind my head.

???: I found someone. I'll bring him in. 

Who...argh, my head. Not long before I heard the mysterious voice, I lost consciousness.

...

Jonathan: HUH!?

Waking up, I see that I'm...home? I see my dad coming out of the basement!

Jonathan: Dad! You're alive!

Dad: What!? You want me dead or somethin!?

Jonathan: No, it's just...with the invasion and everything...

Dad: Invasion? Jonathan, quick spewing such nonsense.

Jonathan: Wait what!? Um, alien creatures? Weird visors, robotic, tails!?

Dad: ...Next time you have a dream, tell someone else about it. I'm busy.

A dream...it was all...a dream!.

Dad: Gosh, sometimes I wish you'd stop bugging the hell out of me.

Jonathan: Wait...what did you just say?

Dad: What, you didn't hear me? Gosh, you're-

Jonathan: No, repeat what you said.

Dad: If it'll get you to shut up, then fine. Gosh, I wish you'd stop bugging the hell out of me.

The way he said it...it was like an exact repeat of last time. Like someone recorded that line and played it again. Why...wait a second. You heard him say that before...when-

Dad: What're you looking at!?

Jonathan: This isn't real...I'm dreaming! I-

And with a jump, I wake up back to reality.