Chapter 27 - Take a Break

Results:

CHOICE 1 = 15   CHOICE 2 = 4

Matthew P.O.V.

No...more. You don't want this. You want to go home. You wish this was all some horrible nightmare.

Such foolish thinking...this is all real. Yet you wish it wasn't.

Zircon P.O.V.

My human...my possession...my property...is in tears. I look at him, sobbing in my arms.

He's...not well. He's covered in many layers of bandages, and...is that blood!?

Protogen: Excuse me. All the protogens who were sent into the hatch came back out n one piece. Should we -

Zircon: Now.

Protogen: Now? But what if -

Zircon: I don't give two fucking shits about that. They hurt my most prized treasure. BADLY. Blow them up. That's an order.

I look over at Matthew. He's shivering. He's not cold, he's...scared. I...

Zircon: Shhhhh...there there...I'm here...nothing will hurt you now...you're safe...

Matthew: *hic* *sob*

I hold him tighter. I carry him back to our apartment. Some protogens looked over curiously, but I don't care. My pet's hurt. He needs me.

I carry him all the way to the infirmary. I had to help the doctor with the treatment, and we weren't experts in human biology. But eventually, he got fixed up. Now he needs some rest. I pick him up once again, and go to our apartment.

I ruffle up his hair, and caress his arm with my claws. Claws that can easily tear through his flesh...how fragile...how...delicate...

I gently place him on the bed and softly rub his belly.

Zircon: It's okay...everything is okay...my precious...

He let out a whimper that broke my heart. He...needs rest. He's had a long day. I...can't just leave him alone. So...I came up with this.

Mathew: ...?

I slowly and carefully wrap myself around him. I starts by caressing his shoulder, and then covering his chest with my arm. I pull him closer, so now his head is reaching my neck fluff. 

Making very slow movements, my legs wrap around him. Looking at it...he's really small in comparison. That's just one of the things I love about him~

Zircon: Nono...don't move...

He tried move his leg, but I locked it in place with my own leg.

Zircon: I'm the one taking care of you...you don't move at all, kay? I make sure you're all warm and cozy. Leave all adjustments to me, pumpkin~

He whimpered in protest, but I kept going. I wrapped my arms around him, binding his arms. My tail wrapped around one of his legs. He squirmed a bit, but I gave a small squeeze every time he did.

Zircon: Shhh...that's a good boy...

I open my mouth and give him a long lick on his neck. I then rub my head against it, as if trying to clean up some of the saliva. I place my head back on top of his own...heh, his face being buried in my neck fluff is so cute.

Zircon: I want you to stay here. Go to sleep or stay awake. Just relax, and know I'll always be here for you...forever...

I hug even tighter. I feel my pet give in. He doesn't wriggle as much. In fact, he's not moving...I wonder what...

Matthew: Zzz...

Of course.

Zircon: Get some rest, pet. By when you wake up...you'll be able to go outside again, as it is free of human scum.

Come to think of it...THAT day is approaching. I should begin to prepare...after all...this event is all for Matthew's sake...I wonder how I should...

I'll think of something when the day gets near. Hm...wow, how long have I been in angst mode? Hm...with my cinnamon roll by my side...I feel so calm...so relaxed...

I gently rub my claws against his face. He lets out a soft whine. The sound is music to my ears. I want to hear it again. His adorable whines. Oh...

Maya P.O.V.

Protogen: Ready?

Maya: Yeah.

I pressed the switch. In the horizon, I see black smoke. Heh...looks like those bombs did the trick...

Man, I feel good! I finally got to do more action, and on top of that, those humans and their cult got blown up! I feel like a hero...who am I kidding, I am! The road sure is bumpy...well, we can fix that. After all, now that the cult is gone, we are secure enough to start rebuilding.

We'll shape the land, build stuff, anything we desire. And to be honest, that's a good thing that we did invade this place. It's a whole mess. I heard a thing called "global warming" is occurring because some humans are too lazy to pick up trash. I mean, how hard is it to walk a few steps to a trash can?

But now, that can be fixed. It'll all be fixed. I'm so excited...

Protogen: So...what are you gonna do when -

I break the back window of the car and stab behind it. Why? Because a human was hanging of behind it. They're like pathetic insects...waste of space and are a pain to get rid of...but is super satisfying when you get them.

Protogen: Jeez, when will these humans learn to quit? 

Maya: No clue...bit it's super fun to watch them die!

Protogen: You sound like a child, except the context of what you're saying.

Maya: Heehee~ Jealous much?

Protogen: Why would I be-

Maya: Of my great personality?~ I don't blame ya~

Protogen: O-Oh, uh...

I see the sides of his visor turn into  bright red. Heh, sometimes they get flustered so easily...I wasn't even trying to tease him that hard.

Maya: I'm just messin' with ya!

Looking out the window, I see the birds chirping in the sky, and the sun. It's so beautiful...how wonderful. The buildings are basically rubble...that's not wonderful. But it'll be fixed. 

Maya: It feels like it's been FOREVER. Now I can just sit back and take it easy.  I'm ready to start my dream! A new beginning!

Protogen: You sound so stupid and cr-

Maya: Sh-Shut up!

Protogen: Now you're the one flustered! Hah!

No...how could it be. I...lost. I will have my revenge on this protogen!

Maya: Arm wrestle, now!

Protogen: ...Uh...okay?