Chap 6 (Crimson)

We soon reached Kingdom Valley and went into the castle looking ruins.

"The former king of Soleana used to reside in this castle." Said Rouge. "But a major accident occurred 10 years ago, and no one's lived here since."

"Accident?" Asked Shadow.

"This is starting to get creepy." I said.

"I heard a prototype energy engine failed, which caused the accident." She explained further. "I think the name of the plan was-"

"The Solaris Project." We looked up and saw Eggman in his Egg-carrier thing. He went down so we can see his face clearly. "It was an ambitious project named after their eternal sun god."

"Doctor." Said Rouge surprised.

"It's been a while, my dear Rouge. And of course, Shadow." He said. "I see you got that little RAT with you."

I'm not a rat. I'm a cat. Geez. Is my tail really THAT long? Don't sweat it. I know he was just trying to call me names.

"Now, if you'd be so kind as to hand back the Scepter of Darkness you took from me." Said the doctor. He snapped his fingers and his robots surrounded us.

One of them tried to blast us but we dodged it. When Rouge flew up, Eggman did too and he bashed her, causing her to drop the scepter and fall.

Shadow slides and managed to catch Rouge before she hits the ground. The scepter however, hit the ground and was shattered to pieces.

"No!" The doctor shouted. When it shattered, it also released a shockwave that caused the robots to fritz a brake down. Then, some kind of dark energy appeared and shot up to the sky, circling the arena-like room.

"It's no use! Pull back, pull back, pull back!" The doctor said running.

I went over to them. "Are you guys ok?" They ignore me and i can see why. That... Thing took down all of Eggman's robots and was about to crash onto Shadow but he dodged it. Then, somehow it merged with Shadow's... shadow. I feel awkward saying that.

The dark energy then took form and it, or HE, looked almost exactly like Shadow, only he had green eyes and bluish-grey stripes.

"What? His shadow..." Said Rouge.

That... thing, laughed evilly. "Oh, how ironic fate can be!" He said. "I would have never believed i would be resurrected through your shade. I thank you, Shadow the Hedgehog."

"Who are you?" Asked Shadow. "How do you know my name?"

"I'm Mephiles, Mephiles the Dark." He said, walking over to us.

I gulped. Creepiest thing about this guy, he can talk but he doesn't have a mouth. Plus, he walks like a zombie. He LOOKS like a zombie version of Shadow.

"What, did you forget about me?" He asked. "I owe much to you, Shadow. Oh yes."

Shadow stepped back and us girls stayed behind him. I mean, even Shadow's at least a BIT afraid of the guy. Then Mephiles formed an orb in his hand. "What you gave to me, i know return to you. A one-way ticket to oblivion!" He threw the orb at us and we were warped to somewhere.