Chapter 20 (Crimson)

Rouge went to her jet, Sonic and the others were riding the Blue-Typhoon while Shadow and i just stood by and watch as they took off.

When we were about to leave, we heard someone calling us... Well, calling Shadow.

"Hold it hedgehog!" The voice called. Oh great, it's Vector from Chaotix.

We turned around and faced them. "Ugh... I'll be back in a sec." I whispered to Shadow and he nodded. I disappeared and i went off to the top of a dried up tree. I looked around and saw Rouge having a bit of trouble with her ship so i helped her and once she took off. I went back to Shadow, who somehow manage to get the Chaotix to give us a ride for free.

We went through a warp-hole and saw the Materax ship.

"We're coming out of Warp-Space now." Said Vector. "If you need a ride back we've got a round trip special for today."

"It's a 45% discount for a normal sale." Said Charmy Bee.

"Lucky for you there's no charge for first time costumers." Said Vector.

Then they started whispering stuffs. Shadow and i looked at each other with the same glance. Let's make this ride fun.

When Vector asked where we want to get dropped off, Shadow went forward and grabbed the steer. "You better buckle up. We could be in for a rough landing." He said, slightly in a joking manner. I smirked as the Chaotix panicked and Shadow crashed us right into the Materax ship.

The Chaotix were worried about they're office and then turned to us when we were about to leave. "Hey pal. A little thank you wouldn't hurt would it?"

"You should at least tell us why you crash landed into this ship." Espio stated.

"I have to find Dark Oak and have a show down." Said Shadow. Then he flew off.

I looked back at the Chaotix. "Don't mind him. I'll help you rebuild that office of yours when we're done with the Materax... Or if." Then i flew off. I felt kinda bad for them since that was their home and i knew what it was like to loose one.

We trashed the place, looking for Dark Oak. When we ran into Materax, Shadow and i would attack them with no hesitation.

"Where's Dark Oak?" Shadow asked growling.

He grab one of the Materax. "Tell me where Dark Oak is!"

Then a bunch of Materax appeared. Shadow groaned and threw the Materax he held to the wall. "Nevermind." He said annoyed.

He used Chaos Spears and it was clear he was angry slash annoyed since he took on 100 Materax all on his own. I would have joined in but he didn't give me a chance and took them all down by himself.

When he was done i went over to him. "You could have saved some for me you know." I said jokingly.

He seemed to get it and sneered. "Hmph. What would be the point? They'll end up the same anyway."

"True." I said. Then the the ship shake and pieces of it were starting to separate. They're destroying they're own ship to get rid of us? Now that's bold.

Then, in the middle of all the mess, there was a tree and Dark Oak and two of his followers standing by it.

Dark Oak explained about Forestation and everyone knew that we had to stop him.

"I've got to stop them before Forestation starts!" Said Shadow, jumping off from one piece to another.

"You fool! You are in the middle of the changing of the galaxy! Nothing can stop us!" Said Dark Oak.