Chapter 18 (Shadow)

Everything was dark. I couldn't see anything but i heard voices. From the sound of it, there were 2 girls and 1 man. I take it the man is Eggman while the two girls would be Rouge and that red cat which i never seem to remember the name.

"Well Rouge, you've got more than you've bargained for when you stowed away on my ship." Said Eggman.

"That's an understatement." She replied. "All i wanted were the Chaos Emeralds."

"I suspected it all along." Said Eggman. "And you. What business do you have with me?"

"I'm here for my brother. That's it." The cat said, growling.

"Sure you are." He said.

The cat girl growled. "Watch it Eggface! When we're done here, i'll be sure to give all of his memories back. For now, you're typically the logical option for him. But i can assure you, when the time comes, Shadow will never be under anyone's control EVER AGAIN! Shadow is his own person! No one can use him against his will. Do i make myself clear?!" She can give me back my memories?

"Alright, alright." Eggman said sounding uncertain.

"Hey, what happened to us back there anyway?" Asked Rouge.

"It would appear we were swallowed up by some kind of gravity field and spitted back out to another unknown part of the galaxy." Explained Eggman.

"You're joking right?" She asked.

"It may take us a little while to get out bearings. With luck, we'll be able to return to our own region of space without too much difficulty." He replied.

"I hope so, for your sake." i heard cat girl muttered.

"But what will we do about sleepy head here?" Asked Rouge, i think she's talking about me.

"Shadow needs some time to recover." Eggman said. "He's still knocked out because he used up all his energy before he turned into Super Shadow. And now he's completely run down. I just hope it doesn't have any other interesting effects on him."

"Could he get his memory back?" Asked Rouge.

"Maybe." Said Eggman.

"I'll make sure he does." The girl muttered again.

Little by little, i manage to open my eyes. "What happened to me doctor?" I asked, not too sure if i could trust him after what i just heard.

"You passed out but you're fine." He said to me.

"Did everybody else made it out safely?" I asked him again, a bit weak though.

"You saved us all. Thanks to that ring on your wrist, you over powered our enemies." He said.

I looked at my wrist. "Really?"

I could hear the cat girl growling but she didn't say a word. She looked down at me. "Crimson. Try not to forget that."

How could she know what i was thinking? She looked dead into my eyes and i saw something flash across them.

She turned away but i didn't understand why. Rouge flew off outside the room with Eggman but Crimson stayed.

"Aren't you come Cheshire girl?" Eggman asked.

"I'd rather die." She said glaring.

"Suit yourself." Eggman said shrugging. I saw a faint nod from Rouge and Crimson returned it. What were they up to?

When the doors closed Crimson took off her hoodie and looked down at me again. In the darkness, i can still see a black streak from the top of her forehead that goes down to the tip of her tail.